To leave a bad review?!

(25 Posts)
TheTattoedHand Sat 22-Oct-16 19:30:52

Just ordered a meal from JustEat. 8.99 and 1.00 delivery.
£9.99 total for the less mathematical amongst us and I selected pay cash.

Restaurant added 15 mins to the already long 1hour delivery time.

Driver comes, hands me the food and I give him £10 note.
I thank him and go to shut the door and he says 50p. I question him and he says its £10.50 and shows me their own receipt.

I was a bit flustered and searched for a while for 50p out of embarrassment and had nothing (purposely kept it under a tenner)

I told him I didn't have any change and he says he has to 'call his boss'.

His car was across the road diagonally and cars were having to mount the pavement to pass.

I went and got my phone from upstairs and took it to him. Bare feet, PJs. Was freezing. I showed him the order. Date . Time.

He was speaking another language to his boss (who was shouty) and said 50p for delivery.

I said no. 1.00 was already for delivery.

This was going on through open passenger window. Another car comes and delivery driver pulls up onto pavement with no warning with me stood there.

His boss is still shouting on phone and driver is saying 'you pay 50p. You owe 50p'

I just said 'No! I wont. It was 9.99'

And went in the house.

I felt really rather intimidated and was worried he would come back!!

AIBU to leave bad reviews on Justeat and google?

TheTattoedHand Sat 22-Oct-16 19:40:24

And also. I was alone in the house too which made it a bit worse tbh.

PJBanana Sat 22-Oct-16 19:42:37

Definitely leave a bad review!

You have the email/text invoice telling you how much you owed. Can't actually believe they got so arsey over 50p to be honest.

If you felt intimidated, definitely make a point of telling people about your experience.

PoldarksBreeches Sat 22-Oct-16 19:42:55

Yes definitely leave a bad review. That was uncalled for.

hotdiggedy Sat 22-Oct-16 19:43:05

What did their receipt show the extra 50p was for? Review away. They sound ridiculous.

TaterTots Sat 22-Oct-16 19:45:39

Leave the review. Most places are terrified of bad reviews, so I'm surprised they've behaved like this.

TheTattoedHand Sat 22-Oct-16 19:47:38

Hot they didn't seem to know. The driver didn't speak much english and just kept saying I owed 50p.

I showed him my order that stared order .. 8.99. Delivery...1.000 and 9.99 total but he was institing I owed another 50p but couldn't tell me what for.

I was stood outside for a good while and it was dark too so I just told him I was going inside now as I had paid the amount i agreed to in full and locked the door.

YorkieDorkie Sat 22-Oct-16 19:49:04

Please feel free to leave a bad review but only if you would have given a good review in opposite circumstances.

deathandtaxes123 Sat 22-Oct-16 19:52:58

Close the door
Lock the door
Eat your food
Forget about them
Enjoy your Saturday night
Never order from them again.

TheTattoedHand Sat 22-Oct-16 19:53:11

Yorkie I always leave a review of good places.
I've only ever left one bad review, which was for a salon when the beauty therapist burnt my ladybits with hit wax shock

I don't do it lightly. Hence checking on here that I'm not overreacting. It was really unpleasant.

Jaimx86 Sat 22-Oct-16 19:57:55

i would 100% leave a bad review for that treatment - and I've never left a bad review before!!

TaterTots Sat 22-Oct-16 20:09:27

Please feel free to leave a bad review but only if you would have given a good review in opposite circumstances.

'Feel free'? Wow, it must be a massive relief for the OP that she has your permission.

Also it is utterly irrelevant whether she would have left a good review in different circumstances. Bad service is bad service.

Unluckycat1 Sat 22-Oct-16 20:12:13

Yes, I think I would as that kind of thing would have left me feeling anxious for the evening. Also sounds like they're trying to get a sneaky extra 50p, which over every order probably adds up nicely for them, but is small enough that most probably don't argue.

hotdiggedy Sat 22-Oct-16 20:13:12

What do previous reviewers say?

dotdotdotmustdash Sat 22-Oct-16 20:23:13

I had the same issue with a delivery from Just Eat but the driver said I owed another 70p for delivery. I had change in the house, but I told him that I hadn't. He also phoned the shop and was told to get the 70p. I told him to take the food and go then as I didn't have the money and shut the door. A couple of minutes later he knocked on the door, handed me the food and walked away. I guess it wasn't worth wasting the food order for the sake of 70p!

Helpisathand13 Sat 22-Oct-16 23:13:27

I would leave an accurate review if that is negative due to the circumstances experienced, so be it. You paid what you were billed for, food worthy of comment? And of course the standard of service and delivery you received. No problem at all with that. Sorry your easy eat turned into a bloody trauma though, how annoying!

abigamarone Sat 22-Oct-16 23:17:51

I leave a review when the place has left a lasting impression - I've a feeling this comes under that category, review away!

ImissGrannyW Sat 22-Oct-16 23:19:59

What a horrible experience! Def share it via a review.

At least you got the food.

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Sat 22-Oct-16 23:28:34

How bloody rude and annoying? Yes, I would leave a negative review. I might also mention it on my local facebook page as people are always asking for takeaways recommendations on there.

Hamletsmoney Sat 22-Oct-16 23:56:10

How was your meal?

WiddlinDiddlin Sun 23-Oct-16 00:06:17

I have a feeling that there are a lot of takeaways using the Just Eat system that actually do not understand it fully.

I think this is because Just Eat are REALLY pushy, selling the system to people who have no idea, and not fully explaining it or ensuring they understand it...

As an example, sisters boss uses it, and told her (and shes not tech savvy either) that to change a menu item or change the price on something he has to email just eat tech support and get them to do it and this takes months to happen...

Well, it would, their tech support is NOT for that, I got her to get the password out of him for the account (after some argument with her as SHE didnt understand why this could not POSSIBLY be the way it worked) and as I suspected the account holder can update and change the menu, the prices, delivery charges, opening/closing hours etc all from their own pc... and he genuinely had absolutely NO clue - he thought my sister had HACKED it to do this...

So I wouldn't be quick to suggest they are intentionally ripping people off, but that they don't understand the tech they have been sold (and the Just Eat reps are pretty hard sellers) and don't know how to update a delivery charge and aren't explaining this to customers.

I would still leave a bad review though, they should be explaining over the phone that the delivery fee is higher than the just eat charge OR they should figure the system out and change it, and not do what they did!

UsernameHistory Sun 23-Oct-16 02:32:32

Yes, it's poor and I'd leave a review stating so but:

1. being in the house alone made no difference.

2. "I felt intimidated" despite them being in the car so you could talk to them through their open passenger window after you followed them outside? Get a grip and be honest in your review.

LegoCaltrops Sun 23-Oct-16 02:51:25

I've left a bad review for a takeaway on JustEat before. I ordered food for a specific time & it turned up a full hour early, DH was still on the train. They brought it back, cold, later (but at the correct time). We complained via phone initally, so they took it away & reheated it, like we wouldn't notice! And we've told all our friends. And mentioned it on Facebook. We do leave good reviews too though.

Nannynowamummy Sun 23-Oct-16 20:58:14

My order through JustEat never arrived as JustEat decided to cancel my order without telling me angryhmm

YorkieDorkie Sun 23-Oct-16 21:50:22

'Feel free'? Wow, it must be a massive relief for the OP that she has your permission.

Go and spit your bile elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now