AIBU to totally despise my jealous neighbours?

(94 Posts)
hazebaze87 Sat 22-Oct-16 13:12:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SheSparkles Sat 22-Oct-16 13:16:31

YANBU to think it, but don't waste your emotion on them-they're not worth the mental space and energy

charlestonchaplin Sat 22-Oct-16 13:18:21

'Smash the...'. Really? Just let it wash over you. If they have no valid complaint, there's no problem. You should feel sad for them instead.

MaidOfStars Sat 22-Oct-16 13:19:22

You sound disproportionately angry. 'Smash the shit' out of them? And they can't possibly parent appropriately AND make a few calls to the council? And no particular reason to think they're jealous either.

YABU. Ignore the petty stuff and go and have a cup of tea.

OnionKnight Sat 22-Oct-16 13:20:25

Andy is that you?

monkeywithacowface Sat 22-Oct-16 13:21:13

You sound lovely have no idea why they don't like you

witsender Sat 22-Oct-16 13:22:01

Well, if they had doubts about the legality of your changes they were sensible to ask the council.

Why were they unreasonable to do that? And how does the what, half an hour of phone calls impact their parenting?

Witchend Sat 22-Oct-16 13:22:06

Not liking your building works doesn't make them jealous. confused
If we built a car port it would effect one neighbour, and not just the building, but also once it's up because they'd be next to it. If they complained about ours and not the house next to us, it would be perfectly reasonable as one would effect them daily, the other they'd almost never see.

I doubt any complaint is taking more than half an hour on the phone so that gives them 23.5hours, assuming they complaining daily, which is plenty of time to be a good parent in.

witsender Sat 22-Oct-16 13:22:30

Why would they be jealous?

PoppyBirdOnAWire Sat 22-Oct-16 13:24:06

"MaidOfStars

You sound disproportionately angry. 'Smash the shit' out of them? And they can't possibly parent appropriately AND make a few calls to the council? And no particular reason to think they're jealous either."

Precisely.

Thisjustinno Sat 22-Oct-16 13:24:46

You need to chill.

pictish Sat 22-Oct-16 13:42:44

What has their parenting to do with this? That seems like it has just been pettily chucked in there for no seeming reason. Can you quantify your comment about it?

Otherwise it's hard to say...is your carport obstructive to their view or something? It might not be jealousy.

I can tell you feel very angry about this but you're not exactly painting yourself as a reasonable person here either.

gillybeanz Sat 22-Oct-16 13:43:33

Monkey

grin

Fairenuff Sat 22-Oct-16 13:44:53

landlines???

I haven't heard that word since people used to shout "I'm calling you from my mowbyel"

Liiinoo Sat 22-Oct-16 13:45:06

You started a thread about your toddler yelling SHIT on a bus. At the time you said you didn't know where she could have picked up such language. Reading this post has given me a clue.

And yes YABU.

NavyandWhite Sat 22-Oct-16 13:47:09

biscuit

Dontneedausername Sat 22-Oct-16 13:47:16

Yes, I'm sure they are extremely jealous and spend every waking hour on their landlines while not parenting... hmm

FasterThanASnakeAndAMongoose Sat 22-Oct-16 13:47:31

What monkey said.

Chansey Sat 22-Oct-16 13:47:49

Andy is that you?

grin

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sat 22-Oct-16 13:49:12

Not liking or agreeing with building work does not equal being jealous.

You on the other hand sound as if you have anger issues...

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sat 22-Oct-16 13:49:38

You started a thread about your toddler yelling SHIT on a bus. At the time you said you didn't know where she could have picked up such language. Reading this post has given me a clue

grin

WildDigestive Sat 22-Oct-16 13:52:06

Why would they be jealous, for heaven's sake? And why would phoning the council make them unable to parents? Why are relations so bad between you? Didn't you tell them about building works as a courtesy?

LikeDylanInTheMovies Sat 22-Oct-16 13:53:08

If you come across in real life like you do on this thread as angry, violent, spiteful and delusional then i can see why you aren't top of their Christmas card list.

I doubt they are jealous. A car port hardly makes you Charlie Big Potatoes. I

Has it occurred to you that maybe just maybe they aren't jealous of your fairly mundane home improvements but they spoil their view, block the light out etc.

Spadequeen Sat 22-Oct-16 13:53:33

Onion, I thought exactly the same thing!

pictish Sat 22-Oct-16 13:55:34

"A car port hardly makes you Charlie Big Potatoes."

Well exactly. grin
It's not something I find myself yearning over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now