Jealous of a cuddly toy

(9 Posts)
Cinnamon84 Wed 19-Oct-16 11:09:04

Kind of half joking here... my ds was smiling at me from 3/4 weeks. A friend bought him a cuddly toy which he LOVES which is very cute, except I hardly ever get any smiles or chattingand as soon as I sit him next to this toy the biggest grin appears and he starts cooing. This just happened after a big melt down, rocking him, trying to calm him down then I put him in his chair and show him his toy and he's all smiles! Is this common? I'm a bit jealous!

Cinnamon84 Wed 19-Oct-16 11:09:29

Forgot to mention he's 9 weeks now

Stitchosaurus Wed 19-Oct-16 11:15:18

I have to confess I did ask DS once, who he loved most - me or his cuddly monkey - he told me he loves us both! grin

So it's very normal in our house, it's the monkey that gets kisses and cuddles when DS comes home from school. DS turns 5 soon and I think I'll be really sad when he doesn't want his monkey anymore, it's part of the family now!

Oysterbabe Wed 19-Oct-16 11:16:24

If it stops him crying I wouldn't give it a shit if he started calling it mummy tbh.

JoJoSM2 Wed 19-Oct-16 11:19:12

Jealous or not, you'r lucky that the toy is the cure to everything lol What toy is it exactly?

SatsukiKusakabe Wed 19-Oct-16 11:22:56

I'm sick of the cuddly toy bashing on here. Your ds has the right to other relationships you know. At 9 weeks he should be developing his independence, not looking to Mummy for everything. <LIGHTHEARTED>

My kids were very fickle with cuddly toys till 18 months when they found their true love. This may be the first in a long line.

ShelaghTurner Wed 19-Oct-16 11:55:48

I tried in vain to get my two obsessed with a cuddly toy but the feckers used to want me instead. No break at all! They're 8 and 4 now and still the same. Not even joking! grin

minipie Wed 19-Oct-16 12:11:32

Oh I had this with DD2!

Someone gave her a Galt snake toy with a big yellow smiley face and she would lie and grin at it for ages. Chatted to it far more than to me. I bloody loved that toy, no jealousy at all, but maybe that's because I had DD1 to deal with as well!

pipsqueak25 Wed 19-Oct-16 12:32:45

do babies honestly 'love' anyone at that age or is it about who cares for them ? wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now