To call the builders because they keep parking on our road?

(7 Posts)
BornIn2000 Tue 18-Oct-16 14:59:53

I'll try and explain best I can, so I live on '5th street' just off of '6th street' and the builders are working on a house in 6th street. My street has parking for 8 cars for 20 flats. So the rest of us have to park on the road, everybody has their own spaces. They're not marked but each one of us residents knows where each other parks and we don't tend to park in each other's usual spots. Now the builders have started working in 6th street they keep parking down our street which is messing up the system. And now I can't park on my own street.

I've tried to have a word with the builders but they are all constantly busy out then back of the house they are working on

Would you call the company and have a word?
I don't want to sound stupid but I also would like to park in my own street.

Ginmakesitallok Tue 18-Oct-16 15:02:49

Yabu- if they are parking legally then there is nothing you can do.

PersianCatLady Tue 18-Oct-16 15:03:26

Would you call the company and have a word?
Not unless I wanted someone to tell me where to go.

I don't want to sound stupid but I also would like to park in my own street
The builders also want somewhere to park and as annoying as it is everybody has an equal right to park in your street, resident or not.

BornIn2000 Tue 18-Oct-16 15:12:58

Ok then.

NerrSnerr Tue 18-Oct-16 15:18:18

You don't actually have your own spaces if it's a public road. Anyone can park on public roads, you can't call a company and ask people to stop legally parking.

BornIn2000 Tue 18-Oct-16 15:21:15

Fair enough. I was just going to ask if perhaps they could park on the street they are actually building on. I won't though, from the answers here it looks like they'll just think I'm weird.

skilledintheartofnothing Tue 18-Oct-16 15:30:30

It is annoying, but there is nothing that you can do. They have the same right to legally park on the street as you do regardless of who does or doesn't live on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now