Or does the galaxy conspire against others too?

(3 Posts)
Thefitfatty Tue 18-Oct-16 06:37:01

Bit of a dramatic headline, but it seriously can't just be me!
I signed up for a 16km's obstacle marathon for Oct 28. I'm terrified and even though I'm in good shape, was planning to do quite a bit of training before hand.
BUT!!! In the past two weeks I've:
-Put my lower back out, not even sure how, just slept wrong. Could barely walk let alone run.
And
-gotten a serious lymph node infection to the point it looks like I'm growing a second head out of the side of my neck (I've named it lumpy mclumperson) and I'm on antibiotics and pain killers so obviously in no position to exercise.

So this leaves me (assuming lumpy goes away soon) about a week to get ready. And that's if nothing else happens!

This seems to happen every time I plan to do something that requires a certain amount of preparation by a certain date. Is it just me? Or does the galaxy conspire against others to?

(Lighthearted btw, I know the galaxy doesn't actually conspire against me).

user1476140278 Tue 18-Oct-16 07:19:59

Poor you! flowers I know what you mean though. Dh and I had a debt which we were about to be able to pay off when BAM...I needed expensive dental work and then BAM the car broke down completely meaning we need a new one.

Buggered. sad

Thefitfatty Tue 18-Oct-16 07:24:06

"Dh and I had a debt which we were about to be able to pay off when BAM...I needed expensive dental work and then BAM the car broke down completely meaning we need a new one."

Exactly!!! We had a little extra money coming in for a few months, thought we could finally afford a little trip somewhere close, and BAM, car breaks down, cat gets sick, our home computer died, etc. It's like envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now