Junior Miss beauty pageant.

(12 Posts)
Smartleatherbag Mon 17-Oct-16 21:30:43

A cousin of mine (who is an absolute doughball) has entered her five year old daughter into a junior beauty competition. We're all being pestered to vote for her and to share hers photos. In the photos she's got heavy make up, hair all bouffant and, worst of all, doing the duck face. Poses are very adult and sexualised. Are we wrong to be horrified? I can't find now redeeming features to this. I think it's awful for the wee girl.

Smartleatherbag Mon 17-Oct-16 21:32:46

I should add that it's all been made worse because she's through to the final

RiverTam Mon 17-Oct-16 21:34:27

Yeuch. I wouldn't be voting, and tbh I'd be hard pushed not to say how horrid this is.

Oysterbabe Mon 17-Oct-16 21:38:06

Doughball?

tanfield90 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:39:18

Awful awful awful. The promoters of these competitions, pageants should be shot. Or locked up forever. And as for the parents of the entrants...angry.

NanFlanders Mon 17-Oct-16 21:40:51

Sorry, what is a 'doughball'?

gunting Mon 17-Oct-16 21:44:01

Does this stuff really happen in the U.K.?

Smartleatherbag Mon 17-Oct-16 21:49:00

I won't be voting! grin A doughball is a dimwit. Yup, I'm afraid it is happening here sad

Soubriquet Mon 17-Oct-16 21:50:40

I'm going to be one of those people who don't have a problem with it tbh

It's not make up and hair every single minute of the day. It's one occasion and a lot of kids find it fun

MostlyHet Mon 17-Oct-16 22:02:23

Eeewww.

That about sums up my feelings.

Marilynsbigsister Mon 17-Oct-16 22:05:22

Nice - sexualisation of little kids comes to the UK. This way paedophiles , form an orderly queue whilst their parents tar them up...ewww ewww words can't express how horrid this is. Don't know how you are keeping quiet OP. This is one of the occasions where it's absolutely OK to judge !

Smartleatherbag Mon 17-Oct-16 22:13:25

It's just horrible, isn't it?! Ugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now