To think he shouldn't be kicking up such a fuss

(282 Posts)
Notonthetrain Sat 15-Oct-16 17:41:58

I had arranged to meet a friend this evening, and wasn't planning to get back late, so DH was going to take me to and pick me up from the train station. Train station is less than ten minutes away.

Now he is refusing to. If I want to go out I need to be responsible for myself, which is all very well and good except if he'd said something earlier I could have made arrangements earlier. Now I'm stuck sad

rookiemere Sat 15-Oct-16 17:43:03

He's being an arse.
Order a taxi.

blondieblondie Sat 15-Oct-16 17:46:17

What fuss is he kicking up and why?

Soubriquet Sat 15-Oct-16 17:47:41

Any chance you can stay at your friends over night?

Oldraver Sat 15-Oct-16 17:50:11

Do you drive ?.

What's his pathetic reason for going back on his word ?

Notonthetrain Sat 15-Oct-16 17:52:02

I can't really afford a taxi (as he knows) I suppose I could drive but I did want a couple of drinks blush

He claims to be too tired to be coming out for me when it's late.

Ginkypig Sat 15-Oct-16 17:54:52

If he fancies a drink he could be nicer about it. If he doesn't and doesn't need to get loads of kids in the car then he's being difficult for no reason.

Get a taxi.

ElspethFlashman Sat 15-Oct-16 17:56:14

So he can drop you off and you only have to get the taxi back. 10 mins ride isn't going to cost much.

Coconutty Sat 15-Oct-16 17:56:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Soubriquet Sat 15-Oct-16 17:56:15

Like I said, can you stay at a friends house that night?

Notonthetrain Sat 15-Oct-16 17:57:08

The thing that annoys me is that most nights he does have a drink (as in a couple - he isn't an alcoholic or anything!) and I never do and then once I want to, and I'm being made to feel as if I am hugely unreasonable.

Notonthetrain Sat 15-Oct-16 17:57:46

He won't drop me off Elspeth

I can't stay at my friends - I wouldn't be able to get back the next day and I don't really like not being home in any case.

Soubriquet Sat 15-Oct-16 17:58:20

He won't take you either now?

Notonthetrain Sat 15-Oct-16 17:59:39

The original plan was for me to get the train and for him to give me a lift there and back: now he's refusing to because we have argued. I feel close to tears! Ridiculous really but I had been looking forward to tonight.

stitchglitched Sat 15-Oct-16 17:59:51

Sounds to me that he has deliberately sabotaged your night out.

claraschu Sat 15-Oct-16 18:00:09

I would bike, but I am fine to bike slowly after a couple of drinks. I never get drunk.

Lovewineandchocs Sat 15-Oct-16 18:00:24

Why can't you get the train back the next day?

Moltenpink Sat 15-Oct-16 18:01:27

Park your car at the station, walk back tonight. That's what I'd be doing, I don't mind a long walk.

claraschu Sat 15-Oct-16 18:02:06

But sorry, I meant to say that he is being selfish and inconsiderate. I would be upset too, just don't let it ruin your evening. If you don't have a bike is it safe to walk? I love a walk in the dark, but I know that not everyone agrees with me.

Soubriquet Sat 15-Oct-16 18:02:23

I would do everything I could to go tonight even if it requires walking home like above

He sounds like he doesn't want you to go at all

ElspethFlashman Sat 15-Oct-16 18:02:47

Yeah he's sabotaging you, and you're letting him.

I'd move heaven and earth to get a taxi and stay out as late as I could.

Cos fuck him.

Lovewineandchocs Sat 15-Oct-16 18:03:29

Or can you drive to your friend's, stay there and drive back tomorrow? I really want you to find a way to have your night out, your DH is being a dick.

Notonthetrain Sat 15-Oct-16 18:04:41

I don't have a bike smile

The station really is a bit far to be walking to and from. I don't think I'm letting him, it's more that I'm having my hand forced.

Chippednailvarnishing Sat 15-Oct-16 18:04:52

Taxi, then live on beans on toast if you both have to.
If you let him "win" this you'll regret it.

Finola1step Sat 15-Oct-16 18:05:32

Do whatever it takes but go out.

Can you walk to the station then get a cab back later? Go. Even if it is for a couple of hours. Go.

Do not let him sabotage your evening. And when you get back later, do not clear up any of the mess he makes while you are out. Because I'm willing to bet good money that he is the type that would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now