to wonder if...

(12 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:12:35

...going to the cinema on your own is a bit,...sad?

I dont know why but I have the urge to go and watch a film, at the cinema, on my own. No DH or friends. No particular film in mind either. Just solitude and a film.

Laiste Thu 13-Oct-16 14:21:48

I'll answer! smile

Personally i've never done it, but when ever anyone's asked on MN in the pastloads and loads of posters have come on to say they do it regularly and love it.

Go. Enjoy!

GlitteryFluff Thu 13-Oct-16 14:25:01

I had a child free afternoon last week, first one in 2yrs3m and I debated this. But was worried about people thinking I was lonely or sad or whatever. So I didn't and wasted it doing chores at home instead...
<helpful>

AmeliaJack Thu 13-Oct-16 14:27:15

Loads of people go to the cinema on their own. Especially daytime showings.

I do it quite regularly. It feels lovely and self indigent. You don't even have to share your pick and mix.

Honestly no one will bat an eyelid.

Soubriquet Thu 13-Oct-16 14:29:25

Go. You can't sit there chatting through like you would at home so you may aswell go on your own

Sundance01 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:31:32

I prefer going to the cinema on my own as I can go exactly when I want and completely absorb myself in the film with no one talking or fidgeting. I do go with others sometimes but prefer it on my own.

If you feel uncomfortable at first go to the chain that do the unlimited card.....this attracts real film buffs and have far more people on their own than the other chains.

Enjoy yourself!!!

RiverTam Thu 13-Oct-16 14:32:01

Oh, I love doing this. Haven't done it for ages but go for it. I guarantee you won't be the only one!

witsender Thu 13-Oct-16 14:34:16

I would. I've happily been out for dinner on my own, to bars/pubs etc. I love being on my own.

Mummaaaaaah Thu 13-Oct-16 14:35:14

love it!

cjt110 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:39:10

DH was fortunate last week to go to an event that was 2 hours away, on his own. Thinking of saying to him "You're having the boy on Sat night, I'm off out to watch a film"

WetDogLovesHubert Thu 13-Oct-16 14:40:27

I used to regularly, but less so in recent years. It's still great fun - go for it. You get quiet time, enjoying a film without too much fuss.

iwannapuppy Thu 13-Oct-16 14:48:39

I have no problem doing this at all. You get to watch the film you want and as someone else mentioned, the best part is not having to share your snacks! Do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now