AIBU to not know what to do with 10 packs of brie?

(57 Posts)
sashh Wed 12-Oct-16 14:35:38

Tesco have just delivered. There was a substitution instead of brie from the deli counter they have substituted 200g Brie - OK signed for the delivery - doesn't make much difference.

My carer is currently unpacking and has just asked if there is a brie shortage, they have delivered 10 packets of brie.

10!

They have charged me £1.60 so I'm not complaining about the cost. It looks like instead of sending me 200g they have sent 2Kg.

So any recipe ideas?

mangocoveredlamb Wed 12-Oct-16 14:37:13

2kg of Brie!!!!
Have a party? Are they wedges or wheels?
If wheels bake them, and dip crusty bread and crudités!
If wedges I love a bacon and Brie sarnie!

ByeByeLilSebastian Wed 12-Oct-16 14:37:20

Lots and lots of cheesey pasta!

Invite some friends round for cheese and wine, guarantee it won't last long!

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 12-Oct-16 14:38:29

Brie and bacon risotto - Jack Monroe's recipe is simple but delicious. I like to swirl a bit of caramelised onion chutney through it.

A cheesy quiche

Brie and chive savoury muffins (these should freeze well)

Chicken breasts with a brie centre covered in a tomatoey sauce and baked in the oven (you could wrap them in bacon too)

CMOTDibbler Wed 12-Oct-16 14:38:35

I'd slice it and freeze it for use in cooking in the future

BorpBorpBorp Wed 12-Oct-16 14:38:42

Have you got a freezer? You can freeze cheese.

HairsprayBabe Wed 12-Oct-16 14:39:56

give them to meeeee oink oink

Rollonbedtime7pm Wed 12-Oct-16 14:40:00

OMG, eat them of course! I am so jealous!

where do you live?

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 12-Oct-16 14:40:03

Have to laugh at Tesco subsitutions. I tried to order several bags of basmati rice (was stocking up on long life stuff) and instead of giving me some other kind of rice they brought several massive sacks of dried black eyed beans! confused

ErrolTheDragon Wed 12-Oct-16 14:41:17

Is it pasteurised or not? Some doubt as to whether freezing unpasteurized cheese is a good idea or not.

KC225 Wed 12-Oct-16 14:48:42

Good excuse for a 70s cheese and wine party. 70s easy listening on spotify, women in Maxi dresses. Fab

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 12-Oct-16 14:51:03

Post it to me!

PinkSwimGoggles Wed 12-Oct-16 14:54:39

brie freezes ok. (but wrap up firmly or it will smell the freezer out)

enjoy!

BarbaraofSeville Wed 12-Oct-16 15:11:12

Lots of good suggestions here, especially to freeze and use at your leisure. Tesco's loss is your gain.

Also worth being mindful that the UK is ridiculously conservative about use by dates on brie type cheese - you will often find that it isn't even ripe by the use by date, so don't feel that you have to use it or bin it by that date. I would trust my nose but expect it to last in the fridge for at least a week or two past the date.

BowieFan Wed 12-Oct-16 15:16:49

Can I please come and live with you? I'd go mad for that much brie!

Tesco substitutions are always odd. Like when DP ordered razor blades and they sent him some garden shears?

DS1 once ordered some boxers off H&M online and they sent him womens' thongs. I'm still laughing to this day.

WalterWhitesNipple Wed 12-Oct-16 15:46:55

You would BU not to send me some.grin

ErrolTheDragon Wed 12-Oct-16 15:58:35

My dog would adore some too (any state of ripeness). My previous dog had an amazing ability to detect brie or camembert being taken from the fridge, even from the far corner of the house, and present himself hopefully in the kitchen. He didn't do this for any other substance.

ShowMeTheElf Wed 12-Oct-16 15:59:50

Eat the Brie
Eat the Brie
Eat the Brie

gastropod Wed 12-Oct-16 16:04:40

If you freeze it, make sure it's as ripe as you like it to be first - it won't ripen further after its been frozen. But it freezes well apart from that.

TwinkleMumsie Wed 12-Oct-16 16:17:05

Oooooo if that happened to me grin might last two weeks? I luffs Brie

MissMooMoo Wed 12-Oct-16 16:32:13

Omg I am so jealous!!! Currently pregnant and dreaming about brie.

sashh Wed 12-Oct-16 16:36:19

LOL

9 packs are currently in the freezer.

I'm in Wolverhampton, if anyone is near enough they are welcome to some.

mangocoveredlamb

Not a wheel, packs of President Brie. I like brie but live on my own so I probably have a year's worth of brie.

ErrolTheDragon

Fairly sure it is pasteurized.

If anyone wants to bring a bottle I'm happy to party.

Alabastard Wed 12-Oct-16 16:46:19

I'm in Wolverhampton! Briiiiiiieeeee

Andrewofgg Wed 12-Oct-16 17:15:33

Get a supply of baguettes and set another place, I'm on my way.

Ah, Brie . . . envy

Bumplovin Wed 12-Oct-16 17:25:12

Omg im pregnant and missing Brie, 10 packets of Brie sounds like heaven eat it all!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now