To put the same wallpaper everywhere!

(18 Posts)
GipsyDanger Tue 11-Oct-16 19:00:50

We moved into our new build 2 years ago and haven't done anything to the walls since moving in, so magnolia walls and white skirting. I like things to coordinate and have a similar theme throughout the house; light neutral. I have recently found a wallpaper I love! I love it so much that I want to use it as a feature wall.....in like every room. So it's definitely going in the living room and bedroom. If I have any left over I fancy doing the landing at the top of the stairs and the downstairs wc. And probably the kitchen blush It will only be one wall in each room.
So is this going to be the coordinating house of my dreams 😍 Or is it going to look bloody ridiculous. Attached photo of said wallpaper

GipsyDanger Tue 11-Oct-16 19:02:20

Oh, and it's glittery as fuck 😍😍😍

Dontpanicpyke Tue 11-Oct-16 19:04:13

Mmmm I am all for an 'architectural rhythm' grin but that might be too much. How about just in the living room and bed room and see how it goes? Love the paper though.

PotOfYoghurt Tue 11-Oct-16 19:04:41

I would be worried it would look too 70s matchy-matchy.

AmeliaJack Tue 11-Oct-16 19:05:27

I think that every room might be a little bit much for my personal taste.

However it's your house so why not?

GipsyDanger Tue 11-Oct-16 19:06:10

Totally stealing that. I'm not mental, it's my architectural rhythm grin

CostaAddict Tue 11-Oct-16 19:10:39

Ohhhhh I love that!

I love my wallpaper too so I have it as a feature wall in living room and hall/stairs/upstairs landing. I really wanted the bedroom but DH got his own way and chose something else. Mines is also glittery grin

Amethyst81 Tue 11-Oct-16 19:13:54

We did this when we first moved here, but I became really sick of the design after a few years, now I have plain walls everywhere cos I got so bored. No don't do it!

Gottagetmoving Tue 11-Oct-16 19:16:26

If that's what you want then do it but I would be worried I would get sick of it everywhere I go in the house.
We had a paper that I loved for our living room and I was fed up of it after a year.
It's not a paper I would choose but if you love it...go for it.

altiara Tue 11-Oct-16 19:18:23

You could have it everywhere but might be too much. Maybe start with the first two rooms as you say and if OK, then a wall in the hallway and downstairs loo. Kitchen is going too far I think. But it would be coordinating... I don't know. I'd like to paint my whole house with the same colours and am still just thinking about it. So ignore me and do what you like, at least you're doing something grin

GipsyDanger Tue 11-Oct-16 19:18:37

costa

CantChoose Tue 11-Oct-16 19:18:40

Agree with amethyst, we did all our rooms pretty much the same which I loved initially but now I'm so bored of it and desperate to do them all again differently.

redisthenewblack Tue 11-Oct-16 19:19:21

The problem you have is, if go off the paper, you'll have to re-do EVERY room. I couldn't be arsed with that but I'm a lazy cow

GipsyDanger Tue 11-Oct-16 19:20:09

If anything should be a good learning experience, I've never hung wallpaper in my life.

So long as it doesn't turn out like my custard thread I'm golden grin

CrazyCatLaydee123 Tue 11-Oct-16 19:21:38

Do they do it in different colours at all? Then you could have same pattern (architectural rhythm...) but a bit of variety colour wise.

GipsyDanger Tue 11-Oct-16 19:23:36

I'll look into that, I believe it comes In a rose gold colour as well

FlyingElbows Tue 11-Oct-16 19:27:29

You might regret it when you've turned your house into a collection of wedding dress shop changing rooms! My favourite wallpaper in our house is on our upstairs landing and it's like black leather. It is uber lush and I'd have it everywhere if I could but then my house would look like a fetish club and frighten people! Downstairs is very muted "country living" and upstairs is all black and a lovely homage to my inner goth.

GipsyDanger Tue 11-Oct-16 19:31:30

flying love that 😜

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now