To hate the Fairy adds?

(11 Posts)
ssd Tue 11-Oct-16 17:47:30

both the one for the kid wanting to make a spaceship out the bottle or for the kid looking through a magnifying glass to see if his mums dishes are clean

FFS, if my kids did those things at their ages I'd boot their bums

ssd Tue 11-Oct-16 17:48:18

though I just know this being MN there will be loads of ten year old boys who make spaceships out of mummys fairy liquid bottles

2410ang Tue 11-Oct-16 17:49:59

grin you are not alone!

Yawnyawnallday Tue 11-Oct-16 17:50:19

It's a refresh of an advert from the 70s which was probably a refresh of an advert from earlier. Relax.

TroysMammy Tue 11-Oct-16 17:51:19

But the modern Fairy bottles don't look like spaceships. The old fashioned ones did though.

iklboo Tue 11-Oct-16 17:53:42

If it was some kids I know they'd have just squirted all the bloody Fairy down the sink & used the bottle anyway.

Soubriquet Tue 11-Oct-16 17:54:44

The ones where they are telling you not to allow children to play with tablets irritate me slightly

Surely parents know not to let their kids play with washing up tablets?!

Seems a bit patronising

FlameGrower Tue 11-Oct-16 17:55:55

If your kid was in the middle of making a 'spaceship' would you really make them wait a month until all the washing up liquid was gone? Just decant it you miserable twits!

Yawnyawnallday Tue 11-Oct-16 17:57:01

I still have a cheap version of a Fairy bottle that I made into ... something. My mum stored knitting needles in it (she wasn't a knitter) and I have it now. It was the 70s - we only had 3 TV channels and a black and white telly.

FlameGrower Tue 11-Oct-16 17:57:19

Remember the halcyon days when Nanette Newman would walk past mile long crockery laden tables boasting about Fairy's washing up capabilities?

Yawnyawnallday Tue 11-Oct-16 18:00:06

Happier times, Flame. Just like Aunt Petunia in Harry Potter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now