perfect rental house but no bath!!

(6 Posts)
jeeperzcreeperz Mon 10-Oct-16 23:31:46

how to solve the problem...? after weeks of thinking and talking about nothing else but houses to rent, I've finally found the prefect house. It's on a great little dead end street, lovely floors, loads of space and storage but the bath has been removed and a large walk in shower cubicle replaces it.
Is there any solution? A freestanding bath that could be filled and emptied without requiring plumbing???
My 2 kids spend at least an hour in the bath each evening - we all need that hour! I love to relax in the bath.
Is there any solution really?

minipie Mon 10-Oct-16 23:35:17

For the kids - a blow up bath? (Or paddling pool?!) Might even fit in the shower cubicle...?
Not sure that works for you though...

maggiecate Mon 10-Oct-16 23:44:41

Clearly you aren't the first to have this problem...
www.amazon.co.uk/Tubble-Inflatable-Bathtub-Portable-Comfortable/dp/B00W45T0VY
I would worry about it deflating and shooting round the room like a balloon when you let the air out, with me hanging on, but I'm sure they've got that covered.

ivegotdreadfulpmttoday Mon 10-Oct-16 23:48:09

If the property is likely to be difficult to rent it would be worth asking the landlord to replace the shower with a bath. If there's a queue for the place then you'll either have to learn to love showers or find somewhere else. If it's a combi boiler the hot water at least doesn't run out so lovely long showers.

AutumnColours9 Mon 10-Oct-16 23:54:52

I personally wouldn't as we love baths. But then again every house has something..no driveway, sloped garden, main roads etc. If everything else is perfect then maybe it would be worth it.

jeeperzcreeperz Tue 11-Oct-16 00:53:24

ha! the blow up bath could be a solution although it would have to be super strong to stand up to my kids!

AutumnColours9 you are right, every house has a fatal flaw. I'm trying to decide between beautiful house in a beautiful village, idyllic tiny village school but without any garden! farmhouse, half mile from nearest neighbours - maybe too remote for single me and kids and this townhouse is amazing, bit too big, no near schools and no bath!!
nothing is ever 100%

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now