To think it was unnecessary to tut?

(18 Posts)
perrita Mon 10-Oct-16 23:03:06

Went for a carvery in a pub on Sunday. Very busy, there was a long queue for food and I had to cut through the queue to get to the bar to order drinks and get a token. As I was stood at the bar waiting to be served, a man shouted to me "excuse me love, there's a queue". Looked over and man is visibly pissed off and I see that there is a small queue behind him which I had thought was part of the queue for the food. Smiled at him and said "oh sorry I thought you were part of the queue for the food" and went to join the back of the bar queue.

As I was walking past him, he tutted! AIBU to think that's so rude, it was a small oversight on my part which I apologised for and corrected! No need to tut as well.

It seems silly but it's been bothering me all day. Kicking myself for not pulling him up on it!

TaterTots Mon 10-Oct-16 23:08:21

It was your mistake. Why try to shift the blame?

imwithspud Mon 10-Oct-16 23:09:01

YANBU, you made a mistake and you apologised and rectified it. Not sure what more you could have done.

Sounds like he has an attitude problem in general, I wouldn't pay any more mind to it (easier said than done sometimes though).

VeryBitchyRestingFace Mon 10-Oct-16 23:11:05

It seems silly but it's been bothering me all day. Kicking myself for not pulling him up on it!

You're actually giving this headspace?

arethereanyleftatall Mon 10-Oct-16 23:11:35

Yanbu.

Wrinklytights Mon 10-Oct-16 23:15:05

Yanbu. Some people seem to just be permanently angry. Ive been regretting not saying something to a horrible shouting man this morning. Just be grateful you're not a miserable git like him.

PoppyBirdOnAWire Mon 10-Oct-16 23:36:06

OP
He tutted because you had swanned up expecting to get served at once. You should have checked the queue situation first.
He was within his rights to tut. You annoyed him.

JunosRevenge Mon 10-Oct-16 23:39:47

If you had already apologised for your genuine mistake, it was v v rude of him to tut.

Think no more of it, OP. He's a tosser...

HeadfirstForHalos Mon 10-Oct-16 23:40:32

Have you never made a mistake Poppy?

YANBU, it was accidental , you apologised, explained and moved to the back of the queue, some people are just grumpy sods who like something to get righteous about.

perrita Mon 10-Oct-16 23:44:31

Poppy I didn't just swan up and expect to get served at once, I wasn't being entitled about it, the queue for the food was right in front of the bar and from where my table was when I was walking up, the queue just looked one and the same. I can understand him telling me there was a queue, it's the tutting after that I have a problem with.

Ilovetorrentialrain Mon 10-Oct-16 23:50:15

YANBU. I absolutely can't stand 'tutting', it's pathetic!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 10-Oct-16 23:51:30

YNBU. It was a mistake for which you apologized. What more did he want? For you to jump on his dick.!!!!
I wonder had you been a 6ft tall 6ft wide male with a shaven head would he had tutted.
The world's full of arse holes. I'm sad to say

perrita Tue 11-Oct-16 00:06:05

Iliveinahousewithaghost

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, can't help but feel like if it was DH who had gone to the bar, he wouldn't have got tutted at had he made the same mistake.

user1476140278 Tue 11-Oct-16 00:08:49

Some people get a bit rabid and desperate when it comes to queuing for food. He was probably one of them.

MarchEliza2 Tue 11-Oct-16 00:20:35

In fairness, it's never actually necessary to tut. I doubt it's ever helped a situation.

In this case YANBU - you'd made a mistake, apologised and rectified. Some people just like to be cross.

NeedABanner Tue 11-Oct-16 00:32:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RosieSW Tue 11-Oct-16 00:36:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TaterTots Tue 11-Oct-16 00:40:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now