Or is DSis?

(9 Posts)
facepalming Mon 10-Oct-16 18:11:55

We are having a new kitchen fitted to replace 5 year old solid oak units (recently moved in and they are not our taste)

The installers suggested to sell the units on eBay so first I offered them to my DSis for free as she has less than me and is renovating her house.

They needed to be picked up on the day they were removed as we can't store them indoors. So for weeks we confirmed with her that bil will collect them today, we confirmed it several times.

Today he said he finished work late (5pm) and so couldn't come get them. DH and i both said they should as they will be ruined if it rains. it's now pissing down with rain.

We had offers from both the installers and the precious owners of the house for over 1k for the units which we declined so DSis could have them.

I'm fucking fuming sitting watching it all go to ruin in the rain in my garden!! As well as the units there is a neff double oven and 5 ring gas burner sat there.

She now is not replying to my texts to tell her it's raining and ask if they are coming.

AIBU to be so annoyed?

facepalming Mon 10-Oct-16 18:12:58

we are giving DSis the unit's for free..

BouleBaker Mon 10-Oct-16 18:14:12

Not unreasonable at all. However, is she known for being flakey? If so a quick tarpaulin purchase could have saved a lot of it.

AyeAmarok Mon 10-Oct-16 18:19:09

Sell them and tell her to forget it.

mycatstares Mon 10-Oct-16 18:22:42

Finished work late?! It was 5pm?!

I'd be fuming. Do not offer anything like that again in the futureangry

Lighthouseturquoise Mon 10-Oct-16 18:24:37

Well yanbu but presumably it's the bils fault?

facepalming Mon 10-Oct-16 18:33:48

I don't know which of them is to blame to be honest! She is generally quite entitled - she never puts her hand in her pocket when we go out etc I always let it slide as she is my younger (though in 30's) sister and I earned more than she did.

I offered them some old baby stuff a few months ago - I said it's yours if uou want it or I'll put it on eBay. I found out a few weeks later they took it and sold it themselves.

I think this is the straw for me! I was happy for them to have it and use it but not to watch it get ruined ffs.

facepalming Mon 10-Oct-16 19:19:24

So apparantly they are coming in the morning...

BouleBaker Mon 10-Oct-16 19:22:35

Let them take it away then and good luck to them. Saves the wase cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now