to remind you why pushchairs have straps

(35 Posts)
GladAllOver Fri 07-Oct-16 14:10:25

Caution: may be upsetting

www.liveleak.com/view?i=ad9_1475716809

Giratina Fri 07-Oct-16 14:11:31

Not clicking on a link without knowing what's in it, what is this all about OP?

PurpleDaisies Fri 07-Oct-16 14:12:20

What's the video of?

SistersOfPercy Fri 07-Oct-16 14:14:43

child standing in a pushchair falls out.
Most people aren't as stupid as the bloke in the video thankfully.

CantThinkOfAQuirkyName Fri 07-Oct-16 14:14:47

Toddler stood in pushchair and falls on her head.....

Guy obviously lacks common sense

Planty18 Fri 07-Oct-16 14:29:42

It's a carcam video, at a crossing, so of course could have been a lot worse, but yes I agree most people have a lot more sense than the person in the video. He puts her back in also on the crossing, without the brake on.

Soubriquet Fri 07-Oct-16 14:32:31

Ooo you fucker that looks like it hurt!

Pushchairs are not standing up items. None of my kids are allowed to stand in their buggy. It's sit down only no matter how much they hate it

Ifitquackslikeaduck Fri 07-Oct-16 14:46:29

I thought this was going to be about the hand straps you can get on the handlebars to stop the pushchair rolling away.

I've never seen a child standing in a pushchair before.

MrsDeVere Fri 07-Oct-16 14:46:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jasonandyawegunorts Fri 07-Oct-16 14:58:50

Is it really common to see a child standing up in a pushchair, i've never seen it?

tothesideoftheirlives Fri 07-Oct-16 14:59:58

Over 20 years ago I was going up an escalator on the tube, glanced across to down escalator and saw a woman with a very young baby in a pushchair coming down the escalator - pushchair tipped slightly forward, baby wasn't strapped in. I have never forgot the awfulness of watching the baby falling down that escalator. Someone caught the child lower down - but the screams of both mother and baby was horrific - not sure how injured the baby was - those escalator steps are horrible

Reetpetite17 Fri 07-Oct-16 15:09:47

I'm pregnant and probably hormonal so I think I'll cry if I watch it, no thanks. Going by descriptions... What an absolute dumbass! Who puts a kid in a pushchair without the straps on anyway! Was the kid standing? Duh! Ugh, ffs! At a crossing? My stomach would flip! sad

Wdigin2this Fri 07-Oct-16 15:14:15

He should have taken the child straight to A&E to check for concussion!

Jasonandyawegunorts Fri 07-Oct-16 15:14:18

Please don't watch it reet it made me feel a bit sick.

Witchend Fri 07-Oct-16 15:15:53

My younger two could get out of straps on the buggy by the time they were just over a year old anyway. I had some old leather reigns that I had to clip on top of the buggy straps and tie at the back before they were safe. Then they discovered how to get out of those. I used to fanaticise about using handcuffs ... wink

stopfuckingshoutingatme Fri 07-Oct-16 15:25:03

that's for that NOT

Cocklodger Fri 07-Oct-16 15:55:59

Oh ffs.
Seriously?
what a twat.
Reminds me of the time I saw a lady and a man (presumably baby's dad or a friend) they were chatting as they got on, the man said oh remember to put the breaks on, she said oh yeah I will then carried on chatting, the bus started moving and all of a sudden the pram tipped backwards, child wasn't strapped in so fell out, there was shopping on the back of the pram and the poor LO (Who looked to be no older than maybe 8-9 months) was screaming, presumably with shock.
It amazes me how lax some parents are.

Cocklodger Fri 07-Oct-16 15:56:35

sorry, a sentence deleted.
I saw them getting on a bus.

Janey50 Fri 07-Oct-16 16:02:01

Agree with MrsDeVere. I can almost guarantee that every time I go into my local town,I will,at some point,see a child standing up in a pushchair. Sounds like it's not a nationwide phenomenon though. Must just be where I live!

DetailedConfusion Fri 07-Oct-16 16:09:54

Ouch, that looked like a nasty fall.

I don't think i've ever seen a child standing in a pushchair either. Seen them sitting without the straps on but never standing up.

TippiNoodlegruder Fri 07-Oct-16 16:10:27

Can't watch the video, sounds horrific.

I saw a woman yesterday pushing a buggy at top speed through the park, over very rough bumpy surfaces. Toddler not strapped in, sitting right on the edge of the seat and leaning forward. My heart was in my mouth thinking of what would happen if she hit a tree root or something and the child catapulted out.

And yes I DO judge this, there is NO EXCUSE for it.

Topseyt Fri 07-Oct-16 16:48:26

I was always paranoid that mine were strapped into the buggy. I know some children hate it and my DD2 could be one of them. I never gave them any choice in the matter, even if that meant arched backs and screaming (which I totally ignored). Rather that than what happened in that clip.

That bloke was a twat. You could see what was about to happen well before it did.

Reetpetite17 Fri 07-Oct-16 20:51:26

Jason Thank you, I can't watch videos where kids get hurt and I don't risk bothering either.

abbsismyhero Fri 07-Oct-16 21:43:06

I forgot to strap dd in once then she slid out she was two and thankfully unhurt I've not forgot since!

olderthanyouthink Fri 07-Oct-16 22:14:02

My dad did this with me! He didnt strap me in, hit and bump (and he walks v. fast) and I apparently went flying. Not sure how he told my mum and lived as I'm PFB.

AND he's always talking about how important it is to wear a seat belt hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now