To have said no?

(14 Posts)
Ginmakesitallok Thu 06-Oct-16 20:20:36

My sil asked if I could have her granddaughter for the morning tomorrow. She had agreed to look after her, but she goes into town every Friday with my other sil. She knew I was off work, do asked if I'd have gd for a few hours to allow her to go knto town (Friday town trip is something they do every friday).

I've got some stuff I was going to do tomorrow, but it could wait until Saturday. I told her I had stuff to do. She's taking gd into town with them now.

I feel terribly guilty, wibu? Sil does school run for me a couple of times a week.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:24:42

Well......if your Sil helps you out on a weekly basis, it might have been nice for you to have returned the favour in this instance?

DerekSprechenZeDick Thu 06-Oct-16 20:24:49

She staking her with her. No issue, you had shit to do

Ginmakesitallok Thu 06-Oct-16 20:27:46

But she shouldn't have agreed to have gd if she couldn't do it? Or (god forbid) she could have given town a miss for one Friday?

PlaymobilPirate Thu 06-Oct-16 20:28:07

Don't be surprised if she's no longer available to do you favours - you can't just take and not give

Ginmakesitallok Thu 06-Oct-16 20:28:40

But yes, it would have been nice of me - that's why I'm feeling guilty. I never say no.

usual Thu 06-Oct-16 20:28:42

It would have been nice for you to return the favour.

Ginmakesitallok Thu 06-Oct-16 20:29:17

Oh - and we give plenty!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:30:02

She can do it. She is doing it. It would have been easier for her though if you had helped her a bit.

usual Thu 06-Oct-16 20:31:14

If you both do each other favours then don't worry about it.

Leeds2 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:31:35

I don't think YABU, but you might find that she is no longer available to do the school run.

TaterTots Thu 06-Oct-16 20:50:05

I don't get why she said she'd look after her granddaughter if she already had plans.

DixieWishbone Thu 06-Oct-16 20:56:46

If you do favors for each other all the time I'd stop worrying about it. They'll probably have a nice time with her grand-daughter as it'll make a change to have her there.

You took time off work to get some things done. You need to get them done as you planned. Suppose they take longer than expected and you end up needing Saturday as well?

Longlost10 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:59:57

To be honest I prefer to have friends who sometimes say " no , I'd rather not".. I trust them so much more than friends who smile and agree the whole time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now