Not to want to go?

(5 Posts)
Mammyofonlyone Tue 04-Oct-16 19:52:17

I'll start by saying, I know there are much bigger problems in the world than this, but my DH and I have just had a mini argument about this and I don't know if IABU. He keeps suggesting we go to centre parcs for a week in November. I know loads of people go and really love it, but it really doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd much rather book a nice cottage and have some time just the three of us. Our DD is only three and a half so I think she is just happy to have our attention for a week, we don't need to be somewhere like CP. I'm sure I'll have to give in when she gets older and wants more 'exciting' things to do but for now I just don't want to go, it just all seems a bit manufactured. AIBU?

Bluebolt Tue 04-Oct-16 20:00:07

Winter wonderland is good at CP, the only time I would ever go and great for small kids. Once in your cabin it's up to you how much you want to get involved with the hustle and bustle depending on which park there are plenty of walks.

PikachuBoo Tue 04-Oct-16 20:00:27

Does she like water and swimming? If not, CP is a waste of money at that age.
Loads of nice places to go without shelling out CP prices.

Mammyofonlyone Tue 04-Oct-16 20:18:25

Is there a particular parc/park (?) that is better than others? DD does love swimming so that is in its favour. I think I'm just going to have to try and keep an open mind (again I understand many people have much bigger problems than this, I don't mean to sound moany even though I know I am being a little bit...)! It just seems like a waste of DHs precious time off work to go somewhere I don't want to be!

Warl Tue 04-Oct-16 20:25:46

YANBU at all, we went to the winter wonderland last year don't get me wrong it was lovely but DD (3 at the time) wasn't really into it, shelled out the best part of £1000 not to mention spending money & food etc. We'd been to Blackpool the month before for a weekend to see the illuminations & she absolutely loved it, went to pleasure beach, the Sandcastles water park & walks along the seafront etc. Lot bigger hit with DD for a fraction of the price & we had a lot more fun as a family

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now