Am I just being tight? (Totally unimportant issue!)

(11 Posts)
NauseousKitty Tue 04-Oct-16 18:01:50

I bought two identical items from a voucher site. I paid two lots of postage. Both items arrived in the same parcel - does it really cost £7.98 to post two lightweight blankets in a polythene bag??!! Want to complain but am I just being a grump.

Thing is, I have not had good prior experiences with this site, but I just never learn!

johnthebaptiser Tue 04-Oct-16 18:04:53

It depends. What's the weight?

BeautyQueenFromMars Tue 04-Oct-16 18:05:14

It would gall me too, but they probably make a fair bit of their profit on postage. If they'd sold the blankets to two separate people they'd have charged £7.98 in total for postage. They're making sure they don't lose out on a single penny. Although they may have lost a customer now!

NauseousKitty Tue 04-Oct-16 18:06:49

john - it was 360g.

(Was in the kitchen near the scales smile)

user1474627704 Tue 04-Oct-16 18:08:37

It doesn't matter what you think. Thats how much they charged for postage, and you paid. You have no grounds for complaint here.

Letmesleepalready Tue 04-Oct-16 18:11:47

I had the opposite, bought 3 of the same product with free postage only, but separately as buying a pack of 3 meant I would have been charged for postage. They all came in the same package in the end.

johnthebaptiser Tue 04-Oct-16 18:20:54

it was 360g. That's expensive for postage. Unless it was one of those express deliveries. Not even next day delivery. I would definitely make an inquiry. Sometimes, it's not about the money but how sellers take money from customers.

Was it FedEx or dhl

Darkswan Tue 04-Oct-16 18:42:28

I think if they charge you twice they should ship separately. There's no way it would cost that much

NauseousKitty Tue 04-Oct-16 18:51:28

john - neither, it was normal post.

johnthebaptiser Tue 04-Oct-16 19:17:29

I recently sent a 127g of package/ parcel for £1.27. First class with Royal Mail. your postage is over priced. Ask why they weren't separate.

Thatznotmyname Tue 04-Oct-16 20:17:39

I asked someone on eBay recently to combine postage and they refused. I made them post one to me and one to my mum's house. (((petty))) 😬😤😶

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now