To be pissed off with DP

(46 Posts)
AllegraAlmond Sun 02-Oct-16 20:23:28

Bit of a long one as don't want to drip feed.
Me DP and 3 month old DS moved into a new house yesterday. The plan was to unpack as much as possible and assemble furniture as we are going on holiday tomorrow then DP is back at work.
He left at 2pm to go the pub to watch the second half of a football match and then assured me he would be straight home.
He still isn't here and the house is a state and DS has just fallen asleep. AIBU to be so angry and annoyed. Please tell me if I am as he seems to think there is no problem!

Km06 Sun 02-Oct-16 20:31:17

I don't think your being unreasonable I wouldn't be happy

Soyouare2faced Sun 02-Oct-16 20:33:29

He's probably having a good time and would rather be having fun that building furniture. Have a wine and think fuck it, if he's not bothered then why should you be

DesignedForLife Sun 02-Oct-16 20:33:44

He's been out 6 hours when he implied maybe 1 hour? Not a deal breaker but YANBU

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 02-Oct-16 20:35:51

Order take away and don't be leaving him any. And leave a duvet on the sofa.

QuiteLikely5 Sun 02-Oct-16 20:36:18

Oh dear! I would be furious at the lack of respect and make it known.

Only1scoop Sun 02-Oct-16 20:36:48

Don't pack a thing for him either

AllegraAlmond Sun 02-Oct-16 20:51:48

I'd rather not be unpacking but that's the reality of moving house i'm afraid
He has form for this kind of thing and it's not going out that bothers me, its the lack of respect. The longer he's away the more angry I feel. I'm just not looking forward to my holiday now I feel all stressed!

Soyouare2faced Sun 02-Oct-16 20:52:48

Are you flying in the morn or something?

AllegraAlmond Sun 02-Oct-16 20:56:18

We are driving. To scotland.
Not any rush in that sense but we are going with family who are hoping to leave with us at 11. I hope he is sober enough.

lonzo82 Sun 02-Oct-16 20:58:58

YANBU. I would be pretty annoyed

NavyandWhite Sun 02-Oct-16 21:00:17

Is he usually this selfish?

Realhousewivesofshit Sun 02-Oct-16 21:00:40

Nope I would be furious too. He's behaving like a child.

LineyReborn Sun 02-Oct-16 21:03:31

How long is the drive? Is he driving? I'm not sure he wants to go. Do you?

AllegraAlmond Sun 02-Oct-16 21:14:46

Yes he is very selfish. I moved back in with DM at 38 weeks pregnant as he wasn't making any financial contributions to the house. It seemed to be a wake up call and seemed a changed man for the past 4 months. The house we rent now I can afford on my own as a safety net (once bitten twice shy) So as you can imagine DM won't be to pleased when she comes to look at the housr before we leave and i've barely scratched the surface.
He seemed to be looking forward to it but I guess he isn't bothered now. He is driving (i dont drive)
I know the house will be here when we get back but the plan was to do the bulk of it now so when we get back we can chill and not have loads to do.

Soyouare2faced Sun 02-Oct-16 21:24:39

I can see now why your annoyed in regards to travelling. Have you rung him recently ?

CannotEvenDeal Sun 02-Oct-16 21:26:16

Fuck that! I'd be fuming angry

PonderingLikeAPond Sun 02-Oct-16 21:34:55

Oh my god I would be livid!

Are there options for you to travel with someone else tomorrow? Leave him behind if so.

DavetheCat2001 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:40:06

I'd be pretty pissed off too and stressed at the thought of having all that unpacking to do/sorting shit for your holiday.

Have you rung him?

AllegraAlmond Sun 02-Oct-16 21:45:20

Rang him no answer. He has txt to say he will explain when he is home, whatever that means.
I cant travel with anyone else as DS pram and travel cot won't fit. I've unpacked what I can but its been hard as we moved items from my DM, his DMs and a self storage. It was also a quick move so things aren't packed for quick and easy access (didnt seem to matter at the time as expected his help this weekebd)

PonderingLikeAPond Sun 02-Oct-16 21:47:14

Hopefully his lateness is down to an acceptable excuse.

Soyouare2faced Sun 02-Oct-16 21:52:01

Maybe he doesn't want to go ? Hope you get to the bottom of it.
He should at least be honest if he's staying out. Can you drive? Sorry if you said prev you can't

CalleighDoodle Sun 02-Oct-16 21:55:30

Wow he is very selfish.

ImperialBlether Sun 02-Oct-16 22:01:45

That would drive me mad. I am so glad you can afford the house on your own.

DPotter Sun 02-Oct-16 22:01:48

If he's not home yet - phone the pub and ask them if he's there and tell him to get his arse back home right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now