To ask how you liven up your marriage

(6 Posts)
Letstrytohavesomefun13 Sun 02-Oct-16 11:06:09

We've been married for fourteen years and have ups and downs but generally happy. Recently though it has struck me how boring we have become. All he talks about is his work and his hobby. In fairness he probably feels the same about me. We can never think of stuff to do at the weekends. DC are 9 and 12 and fantastic so not particularly demanding. Stuck in a rut but don't know where yo begin.

HerFaceIsaMapOfTheWorld Sun 02-Oct-16 12:17:04

Go out on dates, there is so much to do. Cinema, bars, restaurants, walks in the forest or beach. Maybe plan a weekend away just you two?

Brokenfeathers Sun 02-Oct-16 12:48:41

A date night, once a month we have our dinner later than the kids on our own, sit in kitchen, while cooking, have glass of wine and anything like phones or tv off.

missyB1 Sun 02-Oct-16 12:56:05

We are just finding ourselves in the same situation. Try and have a night out once a month at least, or a day out without the kids, perhaps just a lunch date? Also have you thought about taking up a hobby you could both share?
We struggle because it's hard to get babysitters and we have a very demanding puppy 🙄

Tiredandtested Sun 02-Oct-16 12:58:02

If you can find childcare and have the funds a weekend, or even a week away is heavenly.
I come back remembering why I married him.

Katedotness1963 Sun 02-Oct-16 17:55:32

My husband works an extra hour a day, then every other Friday he takes the day off and we spend it together, child free!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now