Weekend angst

(17 Posts)
topcat2014 Sat 01-Oct-16 18:33:56

I really don't like X Factor. I used to, but these days I find it stressful and depressing.

The problem is, the other 2 household members like it - fair enough (DD and DW) - but I am depressed about every saturday and sunday until Christmas revolving around this programme.

-- am 45 in three weeks so that could be preying on my mind --

topcat2014 Sat 01-Oct-16 18:34:27

strikethrough fail

Augustbaby22 Sat 01-Oct-16 18:44:56

How about watching something on Netflix on your phone with headphones, read a book or watch something else in another room, surely they're not going to make you sit there and watch it.

I'm with you couldn't think of anything worse than watching X factor.

I'm currently waiting for DD to finish watching night garden so I can give her her bottle and turn it over to strictly, I've already missed the first 25 minutes shock

topcat2014 Sat 01-Oct-16 18:56:34

The problem is, with just a lounge diner down stairs there is no-where else to go - apart from the bedroom.

I know this is such a 'first world problem' - so I should just suck it up smile

Augustbaby22 Sat 01-Oct-16 19:05:09

You could make it more fun - I'm sure there's an X factor drinking game somewhere grin

EllaHen Sat 01-Oct-16 19:09:37

We banned X Factor a few years ago and life is much better without it. So, I get your angst.

NynaevesSister Sat 01-Oct-16 19:59:13

I just watch stuff on my phone with my headphones in. There are only so many repeats of Top Gear that I can handle.

BackforGood Sat 01-Oct-16 20:11:11

How can that cause angst ?
I don't want to watch X-factor - never have - so, er... I don't.
How's that difficult ? confused

topcat2014 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:23:39

@back - I am supposed to stay in the room with the 'fammerlyee..

TaterTots Sat 01-Oct-16 21:33:08

Don't like it? Don't watch it. Will it kill you to do something else for a couple of hours?

Ragwort Sat 01-Oct-16 21:34:17

I never spend Saturday nights in front of the tv with my family - can't think of anything more depressing grin - I am either out with my own friends, on Mumsnet or reading a good book - in my bedroom.

Tonight my DH is engrossed in the golf ................... yawn. I am on here for a bit and will then have a nice hot bath, glass of wine, early bed with a good book - what's not to like about that?

But I do think there is something slightly pathetic in an adult expecting another adult to provide the 'entertainment' for a Saturday night.

blueturtle6 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:38:28

Maybe offer to do the washing up grin then spend evening mumsnetting from kitchen. Yanbu I hate x factor

Parker231 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:53:33

No one is saying you have to watch it? Do something else or go out for the evening? Are you a child who needs constant entertaining?

BackforGood Sat 01-Oct-16 23:18:47

@back - I am supposed to stay in the room with the 'fammerlyee..

Er.... Why? confused
There are very few programmes that dh and I both like, so, if one of us is watching something the other gets on with life elsewhere.

inabizzlefam Sat 01-Oct-16 23:29:56

I pretty much left my marriage because of this.
STBX loved X factor, IAC, BGT, and every soap going. Whereas I absolutely detest them all.
We ended up virtually living in separate rooms so I know from experience that this seemingly small thing can eventually kill a relationship.
I now make it a priority that, on a date, I ask what TV they watch. If it revolves around soaps and reality then I know it's doomed.

YouTheCat Sat 01-Oct-16 23:34:52

How utterly tedious for you. It is complete shite.

Is there anything that you enjoy you can inflict on them as revenge? grin

BackforGood Sat 01-Oct-16 23:43:51

Blimey inabizzlefam
TV is just not that important in our lives - dh and I have been married for 22 years, and managed to do that without liking the same TV progs. That really doesn't come anywhere near the radar of what is important in a relationship IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now