to think its the little things that count?

(6 Posts)
mailfuckoff Sat 01-Oct-16 07:21:50

My DH like many others can be an arse sometimes and so can I. We are both humans. However every weekend morning he gets up and makes me a cuppa for bed. He doesnt drink hot drinks so it's just to make me happy. As I get up early every week day it's just a little taste of luxury. Now I just have to convince him we need to book Walt Disney world.

EnterFunnyNameHere Sat 01-Oct-16 07:50:02

I agree smile

And I think that the little things are more sustainable tbh, in terms of it's possible to keep doing the nice little things for your whole relationship whereas grand gestures tend to tail off...

I think it's a good thing to make time to think about "what was nice about today?" when it's so easy to just dragged down. Little kindnesses do go a long way smile

Chocolatecake12 Sat 01-Oct-16 07:52:37

Yes I agree. My exdh never did those little things just because, I always had to make my own or ask him to do it. It wears you down.
My new dp seems to be shaping up well tho.........

acasualobserver Sat 01-Oct-16 08:25:39

Yes, it is the little things that count ... but you need plenty of them before you start to feel the effect.

mailfuckoff Sat 01-Oct-16 14:01:43

That's an interesting thought - I just appreciate the little things that dh does - it's not like he is a total arse

Sparklesilverglitter Sat 01-Oct-16 14:04:24

It really is the little things

Cup of tea each morning
A biscuit with last coffee of the day
bunch of surprise flowers
A random I love you message when they are at work

I think if you don't have the little things in a relationship then it's quite sad really

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now