Ocado Avoid

(177 Posts)
modemfish Fri 30-Sep-16 20:47:17

Ocado Avoid
Placed an order with a Groupon discount voucher. Picked a delivery date. Day before delivery order gets cancelled. Delivery is Cancelled last minute 4 TIMES. Start complaining vehemently on twitter #Ocado and email to CEO. Customer Service manager finally calls admits delivery will be cancelled yet again so now 5 times. Agrees to goods for free (so relatively happy) Day before delivery manager phones to only offer 50Pct. And lies that previously he denied offering the goods for free. Told him to give shove the goods where the sun don't shine. Email again to CEO. Start twitter complaining. Ocado now threatening to block me on their twitter feed.

icelollycraving Fri 30-Sep-16 20:48:58

This is very unusual. What is the reason for the cancellation? I've been with ocado about 8 years & never had a cancelled order.

GogoGobo Fri 30-Sep-16 20:50:58

I've used them for 4 years and they are near enough perfect! Great app - easy checkout, turn up when they say they will and never any substitutions. Sounds like you've had an unusual buy frustrating experience. I reckon your experience is the exception not the norm though...

MoonStar07 Fri 30-Sep-16 20:54:17

Have always been amazing for me! Always on time and great products! Yes what were reasons for cancellation?

ihatethecold Fri 30-Sep-16 20:54:47

I ❤️ Ocado.
Never had a problem with them.

lilyboleyn Fri 30-Sep-16 20:55:14

I've been with them years and never had a problem either.

ThymeLord Fri 30-Sep-16 20:56:19

I've never had a problem.

starsinyourpies Fri 30-Sep-16 20:57:44

I also love Ocado, sorry!!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 30-Sep-16 20:57:49

Was ut groupon problem rather than Ocado problem?

CookieLady Fri 30-Sep-16 20:58:21

Only once had an order cancelled and that was due to problems with their warehouse. They've always delivered, even during heavy snowfall.

LifeIsGoodish Fri 30-Sep-16 20:58:40

Completely the opposite to all my Ocado experiences, and I've been using them on and off since they began trading.

capricorn12 Fri 30-Sep-16 20:59:23

My guess is that there is no-one else in your area ordering from them and they can't be bothered to go out of their way for one customer , but they don't want to admit this.

MaxineRockatansky Fri 30-Sep-16 21:00:20

Have been using them pretty much every week for 2 years and they've never cancelled. Have been late once (storms) and have had a maximum of 5 missing/replacement items in all that time. And their customer service is superb.

Won't be avoiding!

andadietcoke Fri 30-Sep-16 21:00:59

I've had small problems over the (many) years but that sounds very uncharacteristic and their social media team have always been very helpful. Hope they get you sorted.

Shadowboy Fri 30-Sep-16 21:01:18

I've been using them for 2 years and have never had an order cancelled! They've been super every week- is it because it's through group on? I never even knew they could/have ever cancelled any orders?

Hulababy Fri 30-Sep-16 21:02:09

Could it be a groupon issue??? Never seen Ocado on groupon before TBH.

Been using Ocado for years and they've been far better than the other online shopping delivery for be used (inc Sainsbury's, Tesco, Waitrose and Asda) - rarely have subs or things not available, only had a handful or so delays and never had a cancellation.

Your issues sound pretty bad and very much out of the norm.

CharlieSierra Fri 30-Sep-16 21:02:19

I've used them for years and never had a single issue. They are always on time and I've only ever had one sub. What was the issue, they must have given you a reason?

Sackmagique Fri 30-Sep-16 21:02:34

That would be incredibly unusual, OP. Only once, when there was horrendous snow on the roads have Ocado been really late, and they gave us all sorts as compensation.

Sackmagique Fri 30-Sep-16 21:03:26

I'm slightly intrigued about what Ocado was doing on Groupon, I must say.

Birnamwood Fri 30-Sep-16 21:04:24

8 yrs with Ocado and never , ever had a big problem.

A couple of times when I've had a small issue it's been rectified/ refunded and a bottle of wine sent with my next order as an apology.

The way you've been treated seems to be the exact opposite of my experience

Sparkletastic Fri 30-Sep-16 21:04:54

God I love them - used them for years and never anything less than excellent service.

andadietcoke Fri 30-Sep-16 21:07:23

So according to twitter Ocado had an offer on Groupon. There was a glitch in the system and if you had the Groupon code (regardless of whether you'd bought the offer or not - it seems it was shared widely) you could use the offer on the Ocado website. So Ocado cancelled all the orders. Those who bought the Groupon offer can contact Groupon for a reissued code. People are complaining that Ocado should honour the orders placed.

acasualobserver Fri 30-Sep-16 21:17:37

+1 who had never had a problem with Ocado. Actually that's not true: I once had a problem but they refunded the cost of the item. I also like their app. However, I don't know what Groupon is so OP could have a point.

BlueFolly Fri 30-Sep-16 21:20:02

Did you actually buy the code OP, or were you chancing your arm?

StillRabbit Fri 30-Sep-16 21:21:29

Over 10'years with Ocado and NEVER had a delivery cancelled. Had one very late caused by a flat tyre and very rare substitutions.

I LOVE Ocado.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now