To turn off the BeeB news?

(5 Posts)
ProfessorPreciseaBug Fri 30-Sep-16 08:53:09

Yesterday evening on Radio4's PM.. we had lots of interviews with witnesses to the train accident in America. They all said the same thing, there was a terrific bang and people didn't know what was happening. Nothing being said actually added anything to the news of the event. Then a long article about people wearing badges to invite conversation on the tube.

I turned off..

Meanwhile has anyone heard of Hanjin going bankrupt and how Deutsche Bank is in serious trouble partly because if their exposure to Hanjin. What may happen to the Eu if Deutche Bank fails and needs rescuing?

AIBU to think the BeeB should report on matters that matter not chitchat?

IminaPickle Fri 30-Sep-16 08:59:56

I caught that and was cross at the oral equivalent of click bait.
'A commuter train crashes at speed into a station at rush hour' followed by 2 vox pops, not particularly identifiable accents then 'it happened in New Jersey' half a minute after the pips. hmm

wasonthelist Fri 30-Sep-16 09:05:02

YANBU BBC News gets more like the Daily Heil every day. As for the ridiculous amount of coverage they devoted to the Bake Off ......

shovetheholly Fri 30-Sep-16 09:08:46

I think the BBC TV news is appalling now - it's so dumbed down, it's not worth watching. Channel 4 kick their ass every single day.

However, it's not fair to say that they aren't covering Deutsche Bank on the radio at all, even if they're not doing it very well - there was a massive interview on it on the Today programme yesterday morning (I think) and I'm pretty sure PM has discussed it multiple times too.

IminaPickle Fri 30-Sep-16 09:17:15

It's such a shame as I really prefer radio to to news but there's nothing sensible, unsenational and balanced. Today programme is still OK normally with occasional flights of gear grinding silliness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now