Think painter hit my car

(7 Posts)
HormonalHeap Thu 29-Sep-16 13:55:49

We have a painter in. Always drives white van. This morning when shopping I noticed a massive dent in my car, not a scrape but collision. My car very sturdy it would take a lot to do that. White paint surrounding impact. Came home and asked painter where his van was today. Quick as a flash- "In for service". Kicking myself as our outdoor cctv not working.

Trying to find his home address to see if van there with damage. If that's what I find, would you say anything?

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Thu 29-Sep-16 13:57:16

Even if it is damaged, it's still not actual 'proof'

So what would you say?

Arfarfanarf Thu 29-Sep-16 14:00:05

what about saying something along the lines of my car's been hit, good job I've got the cctv outside <point to it> I intend to pass it straight to the insurer.

see if he says anything.

Sirzy Thu 29-Sep-16 14:00:47

Sadly you can't prove anything.

In these cases you have to rely on the driver being honest. But not all are

Pretenditsaplan Thu 29-Sep-16 14:03:22

Yep mention the cctv in relation to the ding. Hopefully he'll come clean in fear you'd fire him for not telling the truth once he's caught out. Of course if he hasn't hit your car hell be quite enthusiasticabout you checking it. You can always say it stopped working after you went to check it if he asks afterwards.

mycatstares Thu 29-Sep-16 14:05:31

Yes tell him about the cctv!
Typical it wasn't working the one time you need it to, always the bloody way isn't it!

Hope you get it sorted without it being too stressful.

HormonalHeap Thu 29-Sep-16 14:14:50

Thank you. Arfarfanafr good idea i'll say that to him about the cctv, but by saying that he'll know I am accusing him as he's the only one painting here.

My blood's boiling as I have no proof. He can shove his cups ofbrew where the sun don't shine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now