Aleppo Life Under Siege

(9 Posts)
derxa Mon 26-Sep-16 21:03:16

What a moving programme.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBIC-wrAOGQ
What can they do

Yonosemanana Mon 26-Sep-16 21:05:33

Agreed, I am in awe at their bravery.. Spent most of the programme misty eyed.. There's no AIBU in your post is there?!

derxa Mon 26-Sep-16 21:08:33

No AIBU I don't know what to do. I want to do something

notaflyingmonkey Mon 26-Sep-16 21:14:22

I don't know what they can do. I wish I knew what we can do.

It was heartbreaking to watch. How have we become immune to this humanitarian crisis?

Yonosemanana Mon 26-Sep-16 21:16:11

Look into some of the charities working out there? Or supporting the refugee crisis in some way, either through charities or actively. Both don't seem 'enough' I know but it is something.

TwigletsMakeMeViolent Mon 26-Sep-16 21:16:20

I've been reading the coverage today about the renewed bombing. It's heartbreaking. Especially when aid trucks etc are also being bombed. It must be desperate.

SukeyTakeItOffAgain Mon 26-Sep-16 21:17:47

People have become immune. There are too many. Back in 1984 everyone donated and it bought famine relief and fed people.

What can we do against such reckless, inhuman hatred? The country has been torn apart by psychopaths in charge of terrible weapons.

Yonosemanana Mon 26-Sep-16 21:20:29

I'd like to think people aren't immune, that they just find it too difficult to deal with and that their 'indifference' is a coping mechanism. I recorded the programme in case I found it too sad to watch right now (pathetic) but watched it all in the end. Just keep imagining me and my family in that situation and wonder how they all deal with it with such bravery.

derxa Mon 26-Sep-16 21:33:07

I'm right wing but this situation is breaking my heart. I'm no bleeding heart liberal. I'm asking what do I do to help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now