Any suggestions for Berlin?

(17 Posts)
KindergartenKop Mon 26-Sep-16 16:42:52

I'm thinking of going to Berlin with a 2 yr old and a nearly 5yr old in the spring. Apart from the zoo, have you got any recommendations?

KindergartenKop Mon 26-Sep-16 16:51:00

Argh I'm definitely bu to post this in aibu.

Smoogi Mon 26-Sep-16 17:10:03

Oh god I'm completely obsessed with Berlin, having visited there in the summer.
The park across the road from the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag is nice for a walk.
That's all I can help you with, as i had no kids with me there.
I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you.

reup Mon 26-Sep-16 17:13:10

There's a fantastic chocolate shop - will find a link. Also a great model train place with a model of Berlin including planes landing.

reup Mon 26-Sep-16 17:16:44

www.rausch.de/en/schokoladenhaus/

www.visitberlin.de/en/spot/loxx-miniature-worlds-berlin

The Tv tower is great - perhaps book lunch/coffee and cake there so you can avoid the queue.

deplorabelle Mon 26-Sep-16 17:24:33

Natural history museum and Technicsher museum both great for a mooch.

80sWaistcoat Mon 26-Sep-16 17:25:58

second the chocolate shop - it's fantastic =- but you'll spend a fortune!

deplorabelle Mon 26-Sep-16 17:26:15

Also go up the Reichstag. When we were there with small children they took us out of the queue so no waiting

CandyOcean Mon 26-Sep-16 17:30:02

The zoo wasn't all that nice when I was in Berlin a few years ago, unfortunately. Small enclosures filled with pacing, neurotic animals. There's an aquarium/ Sea Life Centre which was lovely, though. The Tiergarten has plenty of running around space and a delightful cafe in the middle that sells enormous pretzels and giant pieces of cake. If you sit outdoors you may have squirrels running up to your table.

dahliasandbiro Mon 26-Sep-16 17:33:11

Parks on every corner, we found it fantastically child friendly. Loved it!

KindergartenKop Mon 26-Sep-16 18:42:24

I've been several times before but when I was young/free/single/on a school trip. It's great, Reichstag is definitely on my list. The mini train thing looks great too. Thanks!

TheMidnightHour Mon 26-Sep-16 18:49:31

Reichstag is great. You need to register in advance for a free ticket for security reasons. Potsdam is lovely - pick a palace and just wander about!

comingintomyown Mon 26-Sep-16 19:16:25

Any adult suggestions welcome too I'm going for the first time in a couple of weeks and a bit overwhelmed from my guide book...enjoy your break OP

reup Mon 26-Sep-16 19:35:23

At the train place - look for Santas grotto underneath the mountain. If you press the button the elves give you a chocolate!

KindergartenKop Mon 26-Sep-16 20:08:36

The Berlin Story bunker is a great museum. The Reichstag is fabulous too. Also all the cool bars which I won't be visiting with my offspring in tow .

Postitblue Mon 26-Sep-16 20:36:04

Christmas market at Kaiser Wilhelm church is mega! (Lots of glüwine for the adults too!) walking round museum island is interesting,

NanFlanders Mon 26-Sep-16 20:39:48

DDR museum, boat trip, Fat Tire bike tours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now