To have forgotten what I like to do?

(5 Posts)
Achooblessyou Sun 25-Sep-16 14:59:06

Bf has suggested we go dry for October. It's a good idea cos I feel the need for a glass if wine every night when I get home from work. If I'm honest it makes me less productive for the rest of the night, but I feel so stressed and shattered when I get in it's what I really want.

I don't want to go dry cos I think it's the only thing I can do for myself. I work, I make tea, I help with homework, I ferry kids about, I do lots for my dad, I clean, I wash, and often I log in and work again after the kids are in bed.

I do get to watch tv late on but by the time I do I'm shattered.

Then weekends are more of the same! Cleaning and doing stuff the kids want to do. I desperately needed some new shoes yesterday (old ones falling apart) and they hated going so played up.

I only get to see bf once a week-ish cos we're both lps. We both have kids every weekend. Neither of us wants a moulded family.

Feeling fed up today. Anyone else?

Flowerpower1403 Sun 25-Sep-16 15:01:59

Yes I'm fed up my dad came round my house and saw my dh but naked in the shower.

Flowerpower1403 Sun 25-Sep-16 15:03:38

Just Mix wine with lemonade and drink it that's what I do.

ssd Sun 25-Sep-16 15:06:09

TBH I think if you compromise and have 2 dry days a week (whenever you can handle it) that should keep your bf happy

justilou Sun 25-Sep-16 18:32:02

Totally with you.... told husband that dry (alcohol-free) equated to dry (no sex) for him... we are drinking a lovely red and he agrees that I am far more civilized. *I feel the need to also let you know that I have been dieting seriously for two years. TWO BLOODY YEARS! He might have been eating chocolate cake when he suggested going alcohol-free - and I might have been holding the cheese-grater.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now