Refund from a charity?

(5 Posts)
Blueemeraldagain Sat 24-Sep-16 19:11:25

I could really use some help making a decision.
My DP and I bought some furniture for our new unfurnished flat from a charity shop on Thursday and paid for delivery today. We were told it would be between 12 and 7. DP was at work so I stayed in to receive it. After waiting for 7 hours (with no TV or wifi internet) it hasn't arrived and no phone call as promised). I'm guessing they won't show up now?

All phones lines are now closed. They don't deliver on Sundays and my DP and I can't take time off work for this so we are looking at having to wait until next Saturday with no sofa and wardrobe (amongst other more minor things).

I know they are a charity but AIBU to ask for my £28 delivery fee back? I've used this charity/branch before and the service was amazing.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 24-Sep-16 19:15:09

Really frustrating when this happens. They're a business so you'd be well within your rights to demand a delivery refund. You could always ask for £28 worth of store credit if you feel weird about asking for a refund?

DextersMistress Sat 24-Sep-16 19:19:01

I very much doubt the delivery fee will go to the charity anyway, you should definitely get a refund.

LolaStarr Sat 24-Sep-16 19:22:23

I would ask for a refund. You're still spending the money on the furniture.

Leonas Sat 24-Sep-16 19:36:33

If it is new items from a charity shop (some stores have used and new) then the charity gets very little of the money from it anyway (only about 6%) so don't feel bad about asking for a refund, especially when you would expect a refund from any other company for poor service

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now