Colour b4 hair dye

(12 Posts)
george1020 Sat 24-Sep-16 12:51:53

So decided to strip my hair colour and go back blonde.
I have used the colourb4 hair stripper which has made it a beautiful orange shade, when I say orange I mean ORANGE! My skin colour does not look good with orange!

It says on the package to only used a semi permanent after but that is going to do bugger all to the colour my hair now is, it is literally neon.

Wibvu to put a permanent blonde in tomorrow (leaving it a day to calm down)
or to hide at home for a week then dye it blonde?

DerekSprechenZeDick Sat 24-Sep-16 12:53:05

Get a violet toner and the Orange will come out.

Or use wells 10/16

DerekSprechenZeDick Sat 24-Sep-16 12:53:10

Wella*

NovemberInDailyFailLand Sat 24-Sep-16 12:54:29

Can you take a pic?

GinAndOnIt Sat 24-Sep-16 12:54:38

You have to show a picture first, then we'll decide wink

HyacinthBouquetNo1 Sat 24-Sep-16 12:54:57

you need to put a semi permanent ash blonde on. Be aware that it WILL go much darker than the box, so get a light ash blonde. You are not supposed to put permanent back on.

I have used this a couple of times, if you have had any previous bleaching, it does leave hair orange

Randytortoise Sat 24-Sep-16 12:55:19

Snap! I tried stripping a reddish brown out of my hair and went the brightest shade of orange. I put a semi permanent brown on and it worked well. Very scary few hours! Good luck.

NantucketNightbird Sat 24-Sep-16 12:56:58

Post in style and beauty, lots of threads on colour b4 smile

bluebellsparklypants Sat 24-Sep-16 12:58:38

A good hairdresser told me to use head and shoulders shampoo to strip out my colour as it was harsh on colour but wouldn't cause any problems

Cocklodger Sat 24-Sep-16 13:00:38

Hair strips in stages. you won't go straight from black/brown (?) to blonde in one go (In most cases) strip to orange and then bleach and tone, or just tone dependent on how orange it is. a stripper is not a bleach and color B4 is not a dye. Its a stripping kit. If you had blonde (natural or bleached?) and put a darker color on top you will need to go ginger at some point I'm afraid..

Cocklodger Sat 24-Sep-16 13:02:24

Actually I'm talking shit. Toner or semi permanent blonde. Don't bleach over color B4 (I'll blame the baby brain for that fuckup)

george1020 Sat 24-Sep-16 13:02:40

Thank you so much for the answers!!
I am having a serious case of remorse for even trying to change dark reddish brown to blonde.

I refuse to post a pic I just couldn't live knowing the hair shame is alive on the internet somewhere, just imagine a cross between Chris Evans and you've been tango'd and that's pretty close.

Will send DH out for semi permanent ash blonde and pray it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now