To be hiding in a car park?

(13 Posts)
dailyarsewipe Fri 23-Sep-16 17:44:03

I'm currently sitting in the car park of the corner shop because I've had a shit week and all I want to do is go home, put my pyjamas on and have some tea with my family but one of my kid's friend's mum arrived to pick up the friend form our house half an hour ago and when I drove past the drive she was still there so I kept driving.

She's a nice lady although we don't really know eachother very well but she talks, a lot. And I don't have the energy tonight to listen and respond. So I'm sitting in the car park waiting for her car to go past so that I can go home.

I'm normally so nice, polite and patient and Mrs positive but I genuinely don't have it in me to be chatty right now - am I a horrible person?

PotteringAlong Fri 23-Sep-16 17:46:58

No, you are a sensible woman. I hope you've been info said corner shop to buy chocolate whilst you wait?

MadAsABagOfCats Fri 23-Sep-16 17:50:51

Just text and say you had completely forgotten she was calling and you hope you can reschedule for another time. Even if you don't want to talk, it would be rude to leave her waiting and waste her afternoon on purpose.

ineedamoreadultieradult Fri 23-Sep-16 17:54:22

I'm assuming the mother is in the house picking the child up otherwise OPs post makes no sense. YANBU sometimes you can deal with people sometimes you can't, better to stay out of the way than come across rude or arsey.

dailyarsewipe Fri 23-Sep-16 18:10:58

She hasn't come to see me, she came to pick up her daughter and now she's chatting to DH. I'm going home soon.

NavyandWhite Fri 23-Sep-16 18:12:41

Can't you just go home and breeze past her shouting " bursting for the loo " then sod off to the kitchen and open wine?

DesolateWaist Fri 23-Sep-16 18:16:05

I've done that before. It doesn't make you dreadful, just someone who can't be arsed.

DesolateWaist Fri 23-Sep-16 18:16:42

Posted too soon.

Someone who can't be arsed to make polite conversation when they are tired. We've all been there.

dailyarsewipe Fri 23-Sep-16 18:18:17

I'm home, she has gone, husband just laughed at me so all good.

I will text later to say sorry

PrincessOG16 Fri 23-Sep-16 18:18:53

No, you're just tired

Squeegle Fri 23-Sep-16 18:21:09

That's ok, she won't even know!

RichardBucket Fri 23-Sep-16 18:26:05

No need to say sorry!

I've done the same. YANBU.

dailyarsewipe Fri 23-Sep-16 18:33:17

Navy, that would have been a brilliant idea - will do that next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now