AIBU Proud Achievment

(7 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Fri 23-Sep-16 16:01:05

Not really AIBU but posting for traffic and thought it would be really nice to give ourselves a pat on the back and talk about the things you've done to make yourself proud grin

For me, It was giving birth to my beautiful daughter in two hours with only has and air. I was cool, calm and collected and didn't lose my shit! I fully expected to as I'm such a cry baby and can't handle pain! But I did it and now I feel like I can tackle anything! grin

What's yours?

AndShesGone Fri 23-Sep-16 16:17:11

Last week my girl went to uni.

9 years ago she couldn't wash herself, could barely read and write and had no idea how to play safely or appropriately.

Luckily I'm under a name change but I've posted often over the years about how terrible her family were to her and how much they favoured other siblings over her.

All of which is why she was in care. But now she's a care leaver at uni! grinsmile

chitofftheshovel Fri 23-Sep-16 16:49:19

I successfully bled all my radiators today after two people (both men, not that it matters really) had tried to do it previously and failed. Not sure where they went wrong and I went right but it feels bloody good to have achieved it.

itlypocerka Fri 23-Sep-16 17:12:16

Haven't achieved much today. I remember the days when, not long after having given birth with all the medical interventions that I thank God were easily and freely available when I needed them, it was an amazing achievement to get to the end of the day when DH came home with both me and the baby dressed in clothing that had no obvious poo or sick patches currently and having both been fed at appropriate intervals. Achievements worth being proud of come in all shapes and sizes.

Congratulations on your new baby OP flowers

kilmuir Fri 23-Sep-16 17:15:57

I drove to uni open day in big city.
Not keen on driving at best of times, my heart was pounding and my butt cheeks were permanently squeezed together

toffeenose Fri 23-Sep-16 17:29:16

andshesgone big pat on the back from me, and a similar story.

We brought DH's DN to live with us 6 years ago. He was refusing school, missed most of Y7 and was written off by teachers. He's off to Durham next week (A*AA).

<Proffers back for patting>

Kilmuir well done, I can really sympathise with you, I get terrified driving.

Mozfan1 Fri 23-Sep-16 17:34:04

Being brave enough to join mumsnet Today so I can ask for advice about ELCS! I don't really have anybody to talk to about it in RL (long time lurker)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now