To put 'Sally seahorse' in the wash?

(18 Posts)
imwithspud Fri 23-Sep-16 12:36:06

Dd has brought 'Sally seahorse' home from nursery. We (I) have to write in the book and tell them what they did over the weekend.

Sally seahorse is positively manky, aibu to put her in the wash to freshen her up a bit? I'm quite worried we might catch something otherwiseenvy

imwithspud Fri 23-Sep-16 12:41:06

<light hearted>

ArthurFoulkesayce Fri 23-Sep-16 12:44:14

I would but what if she gets mangled? That would be my luck like head ripped off!

sidsgranny Fri 23-Sep-16 12:44:22

I would def bung her in the washing machine! (Sally not DD.....) You could write in the book how much fun she had having her bath!

Solasum Fri 23-Sep-16 12:45:11

I think 'going swimming' sounds like a great activity smile

MyNameWasAlreadyTaken Fri 23-Sep-16 12:50:49

When my DC brought home a stinky toy like this, we had 'fun going for a muddy walk and a hot bubbly bath after!' I hand washed so didn't get broken. Took pictures in the kitchen sink full of bubbles too grin

MrsMiniaturePixie Fri 23-Sep-16 12:51:46

Stick it in the wash! Mine wanted to have a sleepover with 'Bertie the dog'. Stinky Bertie want going anywhere near the bed without a 40° wash and tumbledry!

BillSykesDog Fri 23-Sep-16 12:52:30

'Sally Seahorse took Mumsnets advice and had a spa day'. It's practically a flotation tank after all.

Marylou2 Fri 23-Sep-16 13:31:31

Get her in the wash. I remember many old Barnaby Bear from year 1 who looked almost respectable after a good cycle with Washing liquid,Vanish and Dettol laundry disinfectant. Popped a pic of him on the final spin in DDs Day with Barnaby report too.

Marylou2 Fri 23-Sep-16 13:32:11

Manky not many, bloody autocorrect

Floggingmolly Fri 23-Sep-16 13:37:42

I was specifically told to put Molly Monkey in the wash. Then told off on her return because I forgot blush

imwithspud Fri 23-Sep-16 17:44:33

Arthur that's what I was worried about. I'm thinking pillow case and gentle wash cycle maybe? From the label It appears to be a Ty beanie baby, not sure how they wash in the washing machine but I seem to remember my dnan washing mine as a child once and me being really pissed off because all the tags came off and they turned out okay.

She just looks so grim, I can barely bring myself to touch it. The one at dd's old pre school wasn't nearly as bad.

imwithspud Fri 23-Sep-16 17:45:25

'Sally Seahorse took Mumsnets advice and had a spa day'. It's practically a flotation tank after all.

grin I love that.

WhatWouldCoachBombayDo Fri 23-Sep-16 17:48:32

I don't think you can washing machine a ty beanie baby. Could you dunk it in the sink hand hand wash?

imwithspud Fri 23-Sep-16 17:55:03

I may just do that, just to be safe. Dc are going to nanny's for the weekend so I may hand wash on Sunday leaving her to dry over night.

wheresthel1ght Fri 23-Sep-16 18:38:26

Sock bag from the poundshop and see if your machine has a hand wash cycle - I have done this with the "star of the week" bunny from dd's ballet

imwithspud Fri 23-Sep-16 19:08:54

My DM has taken Sally off my hands and she is going to wash her tonight (even she agreed that she needs it). So at least if she falls apart in the wash it won't be my faultgrin

greenfolder Fri 23-Sep-16 19:24:13

Excellent DELEGATION..TOP MARKS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now