4 months pregnant and still deciding on names.

(16 Posts)
christinemommy94 Thu 22-Sep-16 20:36:32

Hello!! This is my first pregnancy. I'm Looking for not everyday-names you hear out there... But nothing too crazy like "Apple", or "feather heart"lol... I want the baby's name to have my background. Irish , German, or Russian namessmile
Really open to any names you throw out!!! I have been looking on the Internet and found names.. Just hasn't caught my eye. I want to see what people have to say. I'm up for unique names ! Thankssmile

VeryBitchyRestingFace Thu 22-Sep-16 20:38:42

I like Saoirse and Roisin for Irish names. I went to school with someone called Nadiuska and loved that when I was 13 not now.

There's a whole baby names board on here that you might enjoy!

jayho Thu 22-Sep-16 20:50:45

met a fabulous adopted Russian heritage boy and mum had kept his birth name - Artyom pronounced Arty-um, may be a diminutive of Artem? (guessing)

TyrionLannisterforKing Thu 22-Sep-16 20:57:03

I know some Russian names, but am not sure they are unusual.

Favourite females are Kseni and Alisa. Favourite male ones are Dimitr and Mikhail.

And of course, the Alexandr(a) and variations, but I do not think one can get more common than that.

christinemommy94 Thu 22-Sep-16 20:57:15

Thanks guys!!! I love all the names you sent me. Appreciate it!!smile

SumAndSubstance Thu 22-Sep-16 21:03:41

If I had any justification for going for a Russian name (which I don't envy), I would consider Vitaly.

HereIAm20 Thu 22-Sep-16 21:04:00

Saskia is nice (although its Dutch rather than German)

jayho Thu 22-Sep-16 21:04:46

Marat, love that name....

Me and eldest's father were still debating girl's names in the delivery room, I 'knew' I was having a boy so indulged him (we'd agreed a boy's name early doors)

jayho Thu 22-Sep-16 21:06:25

Oh, it was a boy, we went with the agreed name, she's now 25 and transgendered and has chosen a female name I wouldn't have contemplated...

BikeRunSki Thu 22-Sep-16 21:07:41

Christine you might like this board Baby names

KP86 Thu 22-Sep-16 21:14:53

Dare I say you've got another five months to choose and change your mind about names!

There's no super big rush and it might make you sad if you change your mind at the last minute. Lots of people do.

mycatstares Thu 22-Sep-16 21:19:04

I love Viktor for a boy.

Congratulationssmile

Gatehouse77 Thu 22-Sep-16 21:19:54

I've always liked Sasha for a boy or girl.

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 22-Sep-16 21:28:31

I think it's lovely having a rough idea on names but once they're born they just don't suit certain ones; DS2 was always destined to be Samuel but once he appeared he absolutely wasn't a Samuel at all and ended up with a name I'd not even considered through my pregnancy.

FireflyGirl Thu 22-Sep-16 21:34:25

I love Clara (from Heidi). DH vetoed it completely sad. And Anya.

DS didn't have a name until he was 3 days old and we were taking him home. Don't panic yet, OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now