Fucking flooring company!

(5 Posts)
Dooo Thu 22-Sep-16 12:10:18

Ordered an expensive engineered wood floor after being sent samples.

My builders laid it whilst I was out and it's a good few shades different to the sample...

The company have said it was probably labelled wrong in the factory but as its been laid they can't do anything. They said I should have been in and double checked it against the sample when it arrived. I just assumed they'd send the correct one...

Is there anything I can do?

Dooo Thu 22-Sep-16 12:10:46

And am I BU to expect them to do a bit more to sort this out?!

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 22-Sep-16 12:37:14

Similar (but less expensive) thing happened to us once. We had wood effect vinyl laid in two bathrooms and a conservatory. I matched it to shade of the existing laminate flooring in the dining room.

When it arrived and was laid it was a different shade to the sample. When I noticed and informed the company they were apologetic and offered a big discount, which I accepted. They are a good local company and I've used them in three of our houses: possibly they would have changed it if I'd insisted but, at the time, I was happy to go for a solution that saved us money.

I imagine your floor is a hell of a lot more expensive. How much do you hate it?

Dooo Thu 22-Sep-16 12:52:56

It was about £800, it was a wonky old concrete floor so we were really limited to what we could lay on it and decided to just go for it....

It's okay, just not what I wanted and deffo not worth the money. They've said they'll look into it so fingers crossed!

Dooo Thu 22-Sep-16 23:05:03

They've said that the sample was indeed a different colour but that's because the latest batch of the one I chose was a lighter colour...hmm

They've offered a good price on flooring if I want to buy some more in the future.... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now