To quit my corporate job to be a train hostess?

(5 Posts)
Polarbearflavour Wed 21-Sep-16 17:51:05

I currently work for a big corporation but I am so bored by office work.

Cross Country Trains are advertising for first class hosts / retail service managers on-board but not sure if it would be a waste of my degree or a give me more job satisfaction...

wineoclockthanks Wed 21-Sep-16 17:52:41

If you can live on any change in salary (assuming there is one), what have you got to lose by applying?

phillipp Wed 21-Sep-16 17:55:22

Why do you want this job and have you done anything like it before?

I am all for people doing a less financially rewarding job, if it makes them happy.

However, I worked in the service industry for years. It's not easy, exhausting and job satisfaction can be thin on the ground. Even when working in high class places.

HelloCanYouHearMe Wed 21-Sep-16 17:56:02

You arent going to know unless you give it a shot....

Life is to short to be unhappy OP

RunningLulu Wed 21-Sep-16 17:56:14

If you prefer to serve food/drinks, be on your feet all day, and have to have a perma-smile on your face while working in a box sized space then go right ahead. Retail is really hard work and not something I'd recommend to people who have other options (worked in retail for nearly 10 years).

If you don't like office work there are other avenues. You could get a home based job in your industry, get a job in another industry, or maybe even go abroad for a bit. Just depends what part of office work you don't like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now