To really hope this was the plan all along?

(8 Posts)
JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 14:24:16

I follow the lad bible on FB. Christ knows why, they must have posted something that sparked my interest a few years ago. Back then it was all photos of glamour models and sex talk with terrible memes and mysoginist jokes. Recently however I have noticed there is no more of this stuff. they post some quite serious stuff, some feminist stuff, news etc. Well, I'm not the only one who has noticed. Their other followers have too and some of them are massively losing their shit over the fact they can't see boobs anymore grin every single post now will have comments from whingey men demanding the lad bible goes back to posting "for lads" and bring back the boobs. The lad bible apparently now posts "gay shit"

I find this hilarious. I don't know if the team at lad bible has changed or it was a deliberate decision to change their material but I secretly tell myself it was the plan right from the start just to lure "the lads" in and drip feed these feminist ideas into their brains without them realising it was happening. There is clearly some way to go yet but I like it. I particularly like seeing the outraged, boob hungry, cavemen throwing their toys out of the pram when lad bible posts something serious. grin

UsernameHistory Wed 21-Sep-16 14:26:45

I know.

I think they've lost their way too OP. Glad someone else noticed!

eatsleephockeyrepeat Wed 21-Sep-16 14:27:25

Ha, Lad Bible is the new Insane Clown Posse perhaps! YANBU.

Danglyweed Wed 21-Sep-16 14:28:53

Ah now that you mention it, I havent seen any lad bible posts for ages. This explains it.

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 14:31:08

What is the insane clown posse? It rings a bell from years ago?

eatsleephockeyrepeat Wed 21-Sep-16 15:06:01

Jen they're a rap duo with a famously bad reputation, incredibly aggressive and offensive lyrics and a brigade of violent and debauched fans. After 15 years or so of touring and releasing albums they came out as evangelical spiritualists! Apparently the whole thing was completely planned and they were bringing people into the fold, luring them with in with sadistic lyrics and reckless partying then sneaking in the odd line about spiritualism. They went on to release albums proclaiming the wonder and beauty of the world and God's almighty benevolence. Who knew!

SolomanDaisy Wed 21-Sep-16 15:12:29

I'm sure I read an article about this recently. It's the same people running it, they've just grown up and some of their followers haven't.

JenLindleyShitMom Wed 21-Sep-16 15:13:12

Wow! shock So they kept up the pretence for 15 years?? That's commitment to the cause! grin I wonder how effective it was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now