To book my self a few days away

(13 Posts)
Mousedl1 Mon 19-Sep-16 11:57:09

I am literally running on empty looking after 3 children, working full time long 13 hour shifts, cooking, cleaning, organising everything including Dc, bills and house. To top this SIL has had a nasty break up and DH has told her that she can stay anytime with 2 small children in our 3 bed house so it's mental here. Coming back after a 12 hour day with a house full of people is taking its toll.
I feel I have nothing left to give and am literally on the verge of giving up and seriously think I need to regroup before I have a break down. Money is really tight but at this point I can't take much more. So WIBU to just book 2 nights away on DH days off and just bugger off on my own

NavyandWhite Mon 19-Sep-16 12:03:55

How tight is the money? Things sound hard for you.

summerainbow Mon 19-Sep-16 12:07:01

Can you stay somewhere cheapy.? Family
Look on airbnb
I would go if you can afford it.

thenightsky Mon 19-Sep-16 12:10:28

Do it. Hotels or B&B should be a bit cheaper now the schools have gone back.

I've done this a few times and often found deals on Booking.com. Which part of the country are you thinking of going?

manyathingyouknow Mon 19-Sep-16 12:12:24

Do it. Think about yourself

Mousedl1 Mon 19-Sep-16 12:26:06

My family either live on my doorstep or on the other side of the world. My DM is also very poorly and waiting for major spinal surgery that's will be next month so I do a lot of her care and transfusion once a week plus all her bills, finances etc.
Money is tight but I have a credit card and part of me thinks it is a much needed spend and then I feel guilty we haven't had a holiday this year. Failing that I am considering drs for help as am getting very low

BarbaraofSeville Mon 19-Sep-16 12:34:48

If you get a deal in a travelodge or premier inn, you could get it for £30/40 a night.

Breakfast is worth paying for if you like to eat a good breakfast and then you could either go back to bed or go out for a nice walk or something.

Maybe tea and cake in the afternoon in a cafe and pick up some nibbly bits and a bottle of wine from a supermarket for the evening and you could have a lovely relaxing break for around £100? Call it your Christmas present?

Yoksha Mon 19-Sep-16 14:10:41

Show your husband you OP. You deserve better treatment than this. Tell your Dh you are having some "me time" before your Dm's surgery. Sit him down & ask him to explain inviting his DSis & children without consulting you.

I don't think a few days will fix this. It's getting out of control in your life. Too much demands from various people close to you. Honest dialogue with Dh is required.

You'll burn out, then where will they all be? Will they step over your lifless carcass & just carry on with their heads up their arses?

SandyY2K Mon 19-Sep-16 14:15:35

Go for it.

YANBU

Did your DH not discuss SIL staying before he offered? Doesn't sound like it.

DoinItFine Mon 19-Sep-16 14:16:16

Why are you organising everything if there is another adult in yourvhouse who gets to invite people to stay over?

SpookyPotato Mon 19-Sep-16 14:22:01

Do it OP. You are doing so much for others, it'll be a million times worth it just to have some you time. You are going to break if you carry on like this. I think people will realise how much you do when you're gone..

ohtheholidays Mon 19-Sep-16 14:31:15

Do it and don't feel guilty you sound like you really do need a break.

Your DH needs to start doing his share with your DC and around the house and so can your SIL,that's 3 adults(which I couldn't stand)in the house,there's no way everything should be falling to you and if it was me I'd kick your DH up the arse as well.

It's very sad when a relationship breaks down and even harder when children are involved and it's lovely that your DH wanted to help his sister out but he must have realized it would be a nightmare having so many of you in the one house.

Does he know how you've been feeling?If not I'd book the couple of days away and either leave him a letter(stating what you've said on here about how you feel)to read after you've left or text him the day your coming back a few hours before your due home.
That way he can hear how your feeling about everything without you having to speak a word.

pinkdelight Mon 19-Sep-16 14:44:11

you can get really good deals on caravans at this time of year. i had a few days away on my own this time last year at a holiday park and it was great. the pool's quiet. walks on the beach. really good chance to relax and refuel, before coming back to the madness. find a bargain and go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now