to go an get another fit note

(5 Posts)
daydreamer82 Sun 18-Sep-16 19:38:45

i was signed off sick two weeks ago with an autoimmune condition that was causing dizziness, breathlessness, insomnia, fatigue. Im due back in work tomorrow and although I'm feeling better still have a bit of breathlessness and insomnia and don't feel that I can cope with work.
Ive started feeling really anxious about my return to work, i feel like I've let the team down by been off sick. Im sat here crying because I don't want to go back but then I'm not sure if going to my GP is the right thing to do.
AIBU if i get another fit note or is it time I returned to work and stop letting the team down.

Wolfiefan Sun 18-Sep-16 19:40:59

If you are well enough to return to work then do. If you aren't well enough then back to the GP. You don't let anyone down by being unwell. Your health is paramount.

Musicaltheatremum Sun 18-Sep-16 19:58:01

Go back. You should probably be looking at longer time off and then a phased return to work.

daydreamer82 Mon 19-Sep-16 08:26:06

So do I just go back to GP and tell him I don't feel ready to go back and he will do another note?
Sorry if that's a silly question I haven't had a fit note before.

MissElizaBennettsBookmark Mon 19-Sep-16 09:42:43

If you had a holiday booked and you were leaving tomorrow, would you go?

I always think that If you would be fit enough to go on holiday tomorrow, then go to work. If you wouldn't, then you still need to be off sick.

It's not about whether you are letting other people down at work. You can't help being ill so don't feel guilty about it. Hopefully the situation is not made worse by your work situation? I had a bad situation a few years ago when I was signed off by the doc. Now I've moved away, I can see that my illness was mostly caused by extreme work stress and bullying from both service users and colleagues. Hope this isn't the case for you OP.

Hope you feel better soon flowerschocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now