To wonder if current bottoms are squarer than previous bottoms?

(12 Posts)

Looking for loos at the mo.

Why the current vogue for square pans?

Have arses evolved?

Hmm

FruVikingessOla Sun 18-Sep-16 16:29:19

I have no idea Chaosy confused

My bum is still as pert and nicely rounded now as it was years ago <preens>

Whilst I have no desire to inspect MrFru's bum right now, I suspect that his bum, too, is still nice and rounded.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 18-Sep-16 16:30:35

I wondered this the other day and decided that we're just running out of bathroom trends and all desperately trying to avoid having to relive the avocado trend again.

I'm yet to see a loo seat without a hole in the middle. There is a gap in the market there for some trendy beardy Swedish designer type.

MargotLovedTom Sun 18-Sep-16 16:33:54

My bottom is definitely getting squarer sad.

I would recommend heartily NOT buying an out there loo.

It's the devil's own buggery of a job finding a replacement seat, after one of your guests cracks it by standing on it to have a better look at the extractor fan.

hmm <non-specific incident>

We inherited trendy Italian bathroom porcelain with the house and replacement seats are now unobtainable. One loo has to put up with a near match from a local DIY emporium, after I stymied Mr Turnip's efforts to fashion one out of a thick plank. He has negligible skills in woodwork and I did not fancy extracting splinters from my chuff.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 18-Sep-16 17:07:48

It's touching and ingenious (if a little gung ho) to attempt making a square toilet seat from a sturdy plank. grin

After children, my arse is definitely flatter, as if it's been hit by a frying pan.

Gung Ho describes him perfectly. I'm still recovering from DeckingGate.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 18-Sep-16 17:24:39

He sounds very inventive, TAT grin.

I wonder if you can get those toilet trainer seats to fit over the trendy new loos? They were really useful for toddlers.

Alopogies, got distracted. wink

Yus, it's a trend I reckon. I'll bet there's someone hoarding up replacement square loo seats so when square is Un Vogue, they'll make a packet hooking up the prices selling replacements.

Why were they looking at extractor fan, TAT? Work of art? Shaped like a water tower perchance?

EastMidsMummy Sun 25-Sep-16 18:40:40

It's just fashion, innit. See also, chairs. A loo is just a chair you shit in.

Chaos - seat-cracking guest reckoned that he could fix the t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t noise the fan was making. He thought that there might be a leaf or part of a starling stuck in there.

Fan still makes the noise plus we have an ill-fitting loo seat to boot. Not the seat-cracking guest's finest moment. At least he admitted his transgression and offered to wash up after breakfast.

angry <simmer>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now