To be hating noisy kids on our honeymoon!

(59 Posts)
yellowsunlight Sat 17-Sep-16 11:10:59

Currently sat by a beautiful lagoon type pool in a large hotel, very much a honeymoon destination.

Purposely chose a secluded, quiet area to sit in surround by other couples.

Until a family with three kids plonked themselves down and the kids proceed to jump in off the side (and a bridge, bit dangerous I'd of thought), splash, push shout and fall out all day.

AIBU to think why the parents would choose to sit here and not at one of the two kids pools???!!! Tried to read my kindle in the jacuzzi/pool and had to move twice as they were splashing me.

We don't have kids and I get its their holiday too but come on?! I'm on honeymoon I want to chill!

Slightly tongue in cheek before I get mumsnet bashed!

MaudGonneMad Sat 17-Sep-16 11:12:39

You tried to read your kindle in the jacuzzi? confused

ThisIsStartingToBoreMe Sat 17-Sep-16 11:13:34

They should bloody well be in school yanbu

ClopySow Sat 17-Sep-16 11:13:50

Did you choose a couples only hotel?

yellowsunlight Sat 17-Sep-16 11:14:48

Not a bubbly jacuzzi. Just like a raised shallow area that has a bit of shade

Catdogcat Sat 17-Sep-16 11:16:08

YABU if you wanted no kids then you should've picked an adults only hotel.

We always only went to adults only hotels pre DC due to not wanting to be disturbed by other people's kids. Sadly that is not an option for us now for many many years....

Fivetoomany Sat 17-Sep-16 11:16:25

Surely if you don't want kids around then you book a adult only resort.

Buzzardbird Sat 17-Sep-16 11:16:47

You're on honeymoon...that will be you annoying others in the future, take tips. wink

ScarletOverkill Sat 17-Sep-16 11:16:53

Maybe you should have picked an adults only resort in hindsight?

cexuwaleozbu Sat 17-Sep-16 11:17:36

There are loads of adult-only resorts and hotels which are lovely but those of us with kids are excluded from. Yabu you could easily have booked your holiday at one of these.

mrschatty Sat 17-Sep-16 11:17:46

Those kids are as entitled to be there as you are so yabu
They may be home schooled and this is an enriching experience.
If you want no kids go kids only

mrschatty Sat 17-Sep-16 11:18:08

Adults only OBVIOUSLY

yellowsunlight Sat 17-Sep-16 11:18:43

Not adults only no but it's not the school hols now and it's a 15 hour flight from the uk with a connecting flight so I guessed it'd be quiet and any kids would be around one of the two huge kiddie pools. Also quite expensive, luxury...not somewhere I'd fork out for for a family hol IYKWIM.

Like I say tongue in cheek - were hoping to have kids ourself in the next year or so just thought we'd get one chilled holiday before then!

SharonfromEON Sat 17-Sep-16 11:19:02

YEP .. you ABU..

AS said you wanted guaranteed no kids you should of gone to an adults only resort.

acasualobserver Sat 17-Sep-16 11:21:02

You're on your honeymoon - go for a shag and when you come back sit somewhere else. Alternatively, shag where you are and they will move.

30percentoff Sat 17-Sep-16 11:21:59

"They should bloody well be in school yanbu"
Not necessarily. If they are all under 7, they may not be in school yet if living outside of the UK.

OP YABU, sorry. Adult only resort for you if you cannot bear the presence of children.

mrschatty Sat 17-Sep-16 11:22:25

Lol are you new at mumsnet 'toung in cheek' doesn't exist on AIBU

yellowsunlight Sat 17-Sep-16 11:22:37

I didn't want guaranteed no kids... I'm happy to see kids play but these guys have been relentless all day! Muuuum Daniels pushing me literally 1000000 times an hr 😂 I just think when we have kids well sit by the kids pools so they can play with others. But as I'm in the minority maybe I'll think differently after IDK!

TheFairyCaravan Sat 17-Sep-16 11:23:17

You should have booked an adults only hotel or one with an adult only area. There will always be kids. Not everyone will stick to school holidays.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 17-Sep-16 11:28:03

You know that just because it's 15 hours away from the uk, it's not 15 hours away from everywhere else.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 17-Sep-16 11:28:53

Kids pools are crap. They're usually at most knee deep. Only toddler want to use them.

cexuwaleozbu Sat 17-Sep-16 11:28:59

Seriously if you are 15 hours from the UK what makes you think that all the families who might stay there would be residents of the UK? And even if they are surely you know how common termtime holidays are otherwise it wouldn't be in the news all the time!

Blu Sat 17-Sep-16 11:29:24

Big hotels sometimes have an adult only pool / bar area, no such luck?

Ok you will have to resort to guerrilla tactics.

Say loudly to your DH 'fancy a dip?' and have him reply 'no not yet, let's wait until they have sorted out the chemical spill. Don't want peeling skin / D&V / eye damage, but I hear the kiddies pool is good'

Or

Indulge in foreplay as far as you dare. Loads of advanced snogging at the very least. And some talk that will have the kids asking embarrassing questions.

Have your DH walk about near the kids in a thong.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 17-Sep-16 11:30:20

The tip if you don't want kids around is to book somewhere with no facilities for them. The presence of kids pools is a sure sign that people will go on holiday there with their children.

A big 'adults only' sign would probably also help.

ThisUsernameIsAvailab1e Sat 17-Sep-16 11:30:43

Oh I hear you and I would feel exactly the same. Some parents just don't think though I'm afraid. I'd be sitting by the pool where other children are if that was a possibility and not disturbing the peace of those obviously chilling out in a quiet part. Of course if the whole o,ace was like the pay, the. Fair enough but it isn't from what you say

Oh and I am indeed a parent to a couple of kids. Doesn't mean that children don't annoy me in general or rather, their parents do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now