In thinking that DP should ask before putting photos of me on the internet when she knows I look like a moose?

(10 Posts)
catseverywhere Thu 15-Sep-16 20:10:51

Especially given previous conversations I have had with her about it? We are currently on holiday and it is our last day tomorrow. We both took a couple of photos of each other today on the beach on her phone - nothing revealing, but for the avoidance of any doubt I look like a beached walrus/possibly whale wearing a not very flattering tankini. From the photo, it appears that I have more than my fair share of chins, and my middle age spread is, well, spreading. My DP remarked that I looked lovely (we'll be getting her eyes tested when we get back to the UK), and to my horror this evening it transpires that she has shared these photos with Facebook. Now, I have an issue with this, and she knows it - first of all, there was a similar incident a few years ago when she shared a photo of me which I said I'd have preferred her not to have done, and another when she put a photo in a photo book when I'd asked her not to. Today's issue for me is that she has shared these photos to Facebook and has tagged me into them - I have multiple work (professional) colleagues on there and there is no way on this planet that I would have ever agreed to today's photos being shared - I thought we both took them in a way that would be nice for us to remember. She has now got the hump and gone to bed. Which is a nice end to the holiday, and apparently I am over-reacting. AIBU?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 15-Sep-16 20:13:12

YANBU. DH did the same to me, I'm torn between being happy he thinks I look gorgeous and annoyed because I know I don't!

Nocabbageinmyeye Thu 15-Sep-16 20:18:16

Yanbu, it's not like she doesn't know how you feel and even if she didn't who in their right mind puts a photo of someone in their swimwear up on Facebook without checking?? Tell her take it down and let her sulk, it might make her remember next time, I would be seriously unimpressed (umderstatement of the year) with dp if he did that, thankfully he's not a prick

Trills Thu 15-Sep-16 20:18:20

She probably doesn't think you look as bad as you think you do.

On the practical side, I have my privacy set so that nothing goes on my timeline (and so is shown to my friends) unless I approve it.

Doesn't stop people from putting up pictures of me for their friends to see, but it stops them being shown to colleagues etc.

CalleighDoodle Thu 15-Sep-16 20:23:07

Yanbu but change your settings so you have to allow tags.

catseverywhere Thu 15-Sep-16 20:25:00

Trills, thank you, I have been a bit lazy and complacent about my settings, I will sort that out, thanks again smile

Pisssssedofff Thu 15-Sep-16 20:27:29

You could be tagged in anything, tighten up it happened to me I ended up tagged in some mental white supremacist shit. Was not impressed

BeastofCraggyIsland Thu 15-Sep-16 20:32:48

Definitely change your settings! And YANBU, posting unflattering bikini photos of someone on FB is a dick move.

MissMogwi Thu 15-Sep-16 20:51:55

YANBU I hate this. To be fair my DP wouldn't do it as he hasn't got a death wish.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 15-Sep-16 21:01:02

YANBU, of course (though I'm sure you don't really look like a moose). Maybe she did it thoughtlessly, knows she's out of order and overly defensive now, but she really should sort this out and apologise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now