To expect a phone call from Tesco?!

(13 Posts)
MrsA2015 Wed 14-Sep-16 21:38:36

Delivery booked for 7-8pm tonight
8:30 I call to enquire on the where abouts of shopping and get told van broke down and another will be with me for 9 o'clock. £5.00 delivery charge refunded. 9:15 I call to ask AGAIN where my delivery is, get told that neither driver or store can be contacted and I should wait till 11pm to be contacted by the tesco depo. Is this not a complete and utter joke! Absolutely livid as the order is for my nan whom I'm spending the night with. So furious. They should have called me in the first place to say they'd be late! I could cry out of sheer frustration at the whole thing. Probably being very U but needed to ventsad

Discobabe Wed 14-Sep-16 21:42:08

Try ringing the store direct?

Texfactor Wed 14-Sep-16 21:43:58

You're not being unreasonable! They are being shit!
Hope they arrive soon

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Wed 14-Sep-16 22:11:31

Call the store and ask to speak to the home delivery manager. That is really crap.

Drowzeee Wed 14-Sep-16 22:39:36

YABU. The van has broken down, what do you want them to do? They could have contacted you to let you know but other than that, I'm not sure what else you expect them to do, these things happen sometimes.

MarklahMarklah Wed 14-Sep-16 22:45:38

If they told you 9pm and couldn't honour that promise then they should have called to let you know.
Hopefully the items will be arriving very soon.

MrsA2015 Wed 14-Sep-16 22:46:09

drowze that's exactly what I was asking, that they could've at least rang to tell me what was going on instead of keeping the household up waiting. I rang customer services they said I can't ring the store as they're not open to public.

Delivery just arrived at 10:30 with a clueless driver but she was so nice I couldn't bring myself to unjustly blame her. Just so anmoyed at the rubbish customer care! -- and that my magnum white has been replaced with classic--

Drowzeee Wed 14-Sep-16 23:19:50

Now Y definitely ABU! Everyone knows that magnum classic are the best, the order picker must have realised that you had obviously selected the white by mistake and was doing you a favour by rectifying the error grin

kali110 Thu 15-Sep-16 02:02:17

Nah much prefer the white ones, i'd be pissed too!

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Thu 15-Sep-16 09:47:54

Ah see that's a tricky one. Should they stick with magnum or go for own brand white? Probably worth a note to the picker next time to tell them.

MrsA2015 Thu 15-Sep-16 10:02:08

White win all the way! I was in too much of a bad mood to tolerate the classics and will be staying in the freezer for emergenciesgrin

HereIAm20 Thu 15-Sep-16 10:59:32

They should have substituted for Magnum Peanut Butter .....

And of course kept in touch better than they did.

GeminiRising Thu 15-Sep-16 11:18:52

They should have substituted for Magnum Peanut Butter ....

Oh god, yes!!! How did I only just find out about these, they are utterly awesome!

And the additional bonus is that nobody else in my house likes peanut butter so they don't get nicked! grin

Sorry for thread derail!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now