to be annoyed that the women have to be in their underwear for the MN banner ad for "Babyfest" or "Bumpfest" or whatever it is?

(5 Posts)
bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 14-Sep-16 12:10:25

Why do they have to be all staged like that in almost matching bra and pants? We know what a baby bump looks like.

Dove did it about 10 years ago! It's like something out of a naff women's magazine.

Hmph.

Gallievans Wed 14-Sep-16 12:14:44

it does seem a bit naff tbh. Given that mumsnet is primarily for women, we all know what the female body looks like. I'd far rather see real pregnant women - you know, hair in a mess, snarling if someone tries to take away chocolate - as well as perfectly made up ones, just to make everyone feel naff grin wink

On a serious note, surely they could find something better!

44PumpLane Wed 14-Sep-16 12:26:17

I'm currently pregnant- I'm rarely in matching underwear as have had to resort to weirdly multicoloured sports bras to contain my ridiculous boobs, I typically don't have the energy in the morning to put any make up on or do anything with my hair....... Screw you fake glamorous nearly naked pregnant women from the advert!! Pfft!!

bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 14-Sep-16 18:12:52

Yes, I often think the images on this site serve us a scrubbed up and sanitised version of motherhood! In reality, a lot of pregnant women end up physically shattered by pregnancy and spend a lot of time with their head in a bucket!

AudreyBradshaw Wed 14-Sep-16 18:33:56

Yep, I get ya. I'm 30 weeks and have just spent today being red. Red in the face, out of breath, waddling about like a weebl. Had to buy flip flops because none of my sandals can contain my swollen feet (2 pairs for a fiver, thank you Shoe Zone.)

It's been boiling where I am so I just want to sit in a cold bath scowling at my reflection in the bathroom mirror with an ice pop under each tit while I eat pickled gherkins. And then dh will have to help haul me out of the bath.

And I have two pairs of knickers which fit and are comfortable. And neither of them match the giganto-bra's I have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now