AIBU?

(6 Posts)
p2nmh Fri 09-Sep-16 19:48:17

Bit of a ranty post....please bare with me.
This afternoon whilst en route home from work I decided to pop into one of the B&Q stores, whilst waiting in the traffic lane a car in front of me was just sat stationary even after the lights had changed, I blew my horn to move the driver on and continued with my journey. I parked my car in the car park and a gentleman came storming up to me I have to admit at first I had no idea he was even talking to me as I was so focused on what I had intended to purchase in the shop, the guy began to bellow that I had no business or right to blow him as he was waiting for someone to cross the road- again to be honest If this was truth I honestly didn't notice, so instead of getting into a full on blow out in a car park with angry man I simply waved my hand away and said "oh go away" it would appear that this to would further enrage angry man who began to rage "you people are unbelievable" You people? AIBU? Was he somehow implying something else? I continued to walk away and simply responded I don't know what you mean by you people? Again this further enraged angry man who began to use further colourful language at which I simply continued to walk into the store.
My question is AIBU to think he was possibly insinuating something else by saying you people? As I am a woman of colour.
Was he just an angry man?
Or am I just jumping to conclusions? Though I honestly don't think I have a chip on my shoulder.
Rant over. Thank you all for reading.

FoxesSitOnBoxes Fri 09-Sep-16 19:52:54

He's a nasty angry man. He's probably always angry about something and probably has a joyless life as a result. Pity his sad little life and don't let it upset you...I imagine "you people" is racist. Nasty little man.
Well done for rising above. Hope it didn't shake you up

p2nmh Fri 09-Sep-16 19:55:40

Thank you. I think I was probably more shocked that someone would share there opinion so loudly. sad

Alachia Fri 09-Sep-16 20:15:35

He was nasty.

Chikara Fri 09-Sep-16 21:00:01

Do you mean that you are black? Or Asian? Do you think he was adding racism to his general horribleness? Or do you think he just meant people like you --> impatient women?

Horrible experience anyway for you but probably not ideal to toot people who are sitting at lights - it is annoying to be tooted! Unlikely anyone is going to sit there for weeks! I fucking hate it when people toot me!! "Yes I know the lights have changed - car is stalled/just getting in gear....."

RubbleBubble00 Fri 09-Sep-16 21:01:50

Yes he was either being racists or sexist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now