to want a Friday night parents/in laws thread? bitch needed

(14 Posts)
kiki22 Fri 09-Sep-16 19:23:12

MIL called DP today to chin him about when she can take ds2 out for the day and to advise us that I'm making ds2 far to clingy... He's 2 weeks old

My mum thinks MIL is being totally unreasonable since obviously she is first in line to get her hands on ds2.... They are both deadly serious

ohfourfoxache Fri 09-Sep-16 19:24:15

<offers wine>

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Fri 09-Sep-16 19:31:05

<lines up with more> wine and chocolate

BodsAuntieFlo Fri 09-Sep-16 19:36:47

DP should call MIL back and tell her as parents you both will decide when DS2 will spend time with her alone. You should speak to your mum and say the same. Tell them both to back off. I'm a MIL and wouldn't dream of dictating to my children about my DGC. I don't understand this need by some GP's of needing to have a baby for the day or 'to themselves' It's just weird IMO.

rhuhbarb4 Fri 09-Sep-16 19:38:26

Tell them both to stop! I have been and I am still in this situation. Tell the mil that if and when you feel ready for your lo to go out without you YOU will let her know and not to ask as you feel pressured and right now you should be focusing on your baby and being a family. It will be hard and will probably cause arguments but stick to your guns it's the only way otherwise you will be stuck with this overbearing person for all of your child's life. In regards to your mum I see where she is coming from however your baby is 2 weeks old I assume you are close to your mum to have discussed this with her and tell her right now you just want to enjoy being a parent and of course when you feel ready she can have your little one. Your mil being very unreasonable. If all else fails say if you don't stop you want see your grandchild at all and go nc for a while it always seems to work. Best of luck to you and enjoy your little one even though you are probably sleep deprived and exhausted.

BodsAuntieFlo Fri 09-Sep-16 19:44:43

If all else fails say if you don't stop you want see your grandchild at all and go nc for a while it always seems to work.

hmm

rhuhbarb4 Fri 09-Sep-16 19:51:05

I meant that if the overbearing doesn't stop and op has tried everything else maybe a nc for a while would put this in perspective for grandparents and they would stop pressuring her and see that she means business.

ToastyFingers Fri 09-Sep-16 19:54:24

I have a whiny one to add:
MIL won't come to our very lovely, laid back house even for a cuppa or to see her grandchildren, but sulks and tries to guilt trip 3yo dd if we don't spend every Sunday at hers.

She regularly travels 100s of miles to stay with BILs for weeks at a time, yet won't set foot in our house, which is less than 2 miles away.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 09-Sep-16 19:57:13

Tell them both that the next one to ask will be the second in line when you do decide the time is right...

kiki22 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:02:15

Both have been told we will let them know when they can have him. My sister is now first in line 😆

I'm not bothered about rocking the boat I just cant believe that 4 years up the line they both still say stuff like this I feel like the only good answer is wtf are you serious.

irelephant Fri 09-Sep-16 20:10:10

He's two weeks old! Tell her too fuck off

sorenipples Fri 09-Sep-16 20:11:56

Good luck OP! Do what you are comfortable with, but be mindful of what your own expectations will be when you have grandchildren (probably not having days out with a few week old baby ).

Have some wine before certain posters turn up to tell you the grandmothers are entitled to alone time and you should be grateful for the break.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:12:14

Buy each of them one of those creepy lifelike dolls and tell them to crack on.

kiki22 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:46:45

sorenipples we are taking full advantage of the break by sending ds1 on a requested sleep over tomorrow night. Ds2 is sleeping 7-7 apart from 3 feeds we dont need a break from him its the crazy hyper 4 year old that runs me ragged smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now