to go home early?

(10 Posts)
VelvetSpoon Fri 09-Sep-16 15:42:46

Meant to be on a night out tonight, with 3 friends.

Friend 1 has cancelled. Friend 2 is coming, but has an appt first thing tomorrow so is going home around 10-10.30. Friend 3 is planning a big night out, and after the pub (where we're meeting at 8) wants to go on to an over 30s night at a local social club.

I had a v busy weekend last weekend helping my bf move, shifting boxes and cleaning his house top to bottom. I work ft, this weekend I need to spend cleaning my own house, helping bf sort out a load of stuff that's at my house, then doing a boot sale on Sun.

I am already knackered and can't face a really late night tonight. WIBU to go home when Friend 2 goes? I appreciate this means Friend 3 won't get her night out, but I just can't face drinking til 2am, or the hangover tomorrow, or the cost (admission to this place is £9, let alone drinks etc!)

BorpBorpBorp Fri 09-Sep-16 15:44:04

Of course YANBU. You shouldn't feel obliged to stay out drinking longer than you want to.

Amelie10 Fri 09-Sep-16 15:45:23

Yanbu, I'm sure you must be tired from the last weekend. Leave with friend 2.

VelvetSpoon Fri 09-Sep-16 17:15:24

Thanks!

A bit concerned as to how Friend 3 will take it. She is keen on these big nights out but doesn't have all the other stuff to do that I have to try and fit in...

PuntasticUsername Fri 09-Sep-16 17:17:38

YANBU, why do you "owe" Friend 3 a night out that you don't want yourself?!

VelvetSpoon Fri 09-Sep-16 17:23:11

Good point. I'm a bit of a people pleaser sometimes, hence my concern over Friend 3s reaction. She knows 2 won't stay out late but I'm sure she'll expect me to.

rookiemere Fri 09-Sep-16 17:28:53

YANBU, but it would be only fair to give Friend 3 a head's up so a) she knows in advance and isn't disappointed at the time and b) she can't say you didn't warn her in advance.

I'd text both of them and say something like "I'm really looking forward to tonight. I've got a busy weekend so I'm going to call it a night after the pub as well. See you later. "

That way at least Friend 3 is pre-warned and if she decides to bail as it's not the night out she wants then she can do so.

FrancisCrawford Fri 09-Sep-16 17:45:03

Go out for as long as you want and leave when you want to with a big smile, saying "it's been great but I'm going now".

Just because friend three wants to go on afterwards doesn't mean you have to go. You haven't agreed to go on to the club so don't feel guilty. She shouldn't assume you will do what you want.

PuntasticUsername Fri 09-Sep-16 20:24:27

Yeah, good point from rookie, let her know in advance so she has the option to ask someone else along, avoid awkwardness on the night and so you don't get swayed at 10pm once you've had one or two drinks!

PuntasticUsername Fri 09-Sep-16 20:25:48

Oops sorry, just realized that the night out is tonight so it's now too late for that blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now