To be ridiculously happy?

(4 Posts)
MrsBB1982 Thu 08-Sep-16 20:49:30

There's a lot of back story. We had a roigh couple of years including my husband having a near fatal accident requiring lots of surgwry and 6 months off work while i was on maternity leave with my DD.

My DS started reception last year and had an awful time. We took him out and sent him back to nursery until we could find a school that suited him better, which he started in the summer term. He still had a tough time but they were hugely supportive. There was talk of him being assessed for ASD but the teacher was very experienced in SEN and felt whether he had ASD or was 'at the end of the curve for a boy without SEN' didn't make much difference to them as they felt they could offer what he needed.

Fast forward to now. He's just started year 1 and , yes, I know it's early days but he's had 3 good days on the trot. He's NEVER had 3 good days before.

I'm sure there's more ahead but I've seen there may be light at the end of a very long, very dark tunnel.

flanjabelle Thu 08-Sep-16 20:50:57

That's wonderful op. So happy for you and ds. flowers

Magicpaintbrush Thu 08-Sep-16 20:52:50

That's great, long may it continue :-)

Toast3 Thu 08-Sep-16 20:59:38

Ah....lovely! Hopefully you've turned a corner and your DS will thrive 🙂
What a nice thread 👍🏽

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now