to think that Carrie Fisher should stick to films?

(5 Posts)
Lweji Tue 06-Sep-16 20:14:11

I'm gobsmacked at her advice on the Guardian to a woman who wrote asking advice regarding her husband who has had sex with prostitutes about every other month for 30 years and since before they were married.

www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/sep/06/carrie-fisher-advice-column-cheating-husband-prostitutes

I'll start with the gem:
"His lying about the prostitutes shows you that he’s ashamed of his behavior. He didn’t want to hurt you."

Granted, she needed to write a bit more than LTB, but not even a mention of STD test.

Ending on
"In which case we all owe you a present. Post me your address and see what you get. A stone, a leaf, an unfound door, some cliché flowers or perfume and a dress."

WTAF?

ateapotandacake Tue 06-Sep-16 20:33:01

I read this and thought she was brilliant. She's been in and out of therapy for years so knows her counselling! I think YABU- but I know others will disagree.
FWIW I would also have said LTB!

yeOldeTrout Tue 06-Sep-16 20:37:48

I don't think CF expects to be taken very seriously. She's been doing standup for decades. More like a pure black humour approach to life's woes.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 06-Sep-16 20:42:57

Sounds like wise words from a pragmatic woman of the world . I don't think a 50 year woman writing to Carrie fisher in the guardian needs to told about stds

But omg how did she not know?

Lweji Tue 06-Sep-16 22:14:16

She is rather apologetic towards the man.
But I suppose it can appeal to older women. Still, not doing women great favours, IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now