To think this is not a present to me

(65 Posts)
judybloomno5 Mon 05-Sep-16 23:52:23

Beware- a bit first world...

I'm being induced tomorrow, I can't bloody wait to get this pregnancy over and done with. It's been the worst few months of my life for various reasons.

DH has proudly showed me my present that he got me. A bottle of red wine costing £25.

I don't drink wine since I have gave up smoking 3 years ago
Since having DC I've gone off booze
£25 for a bottle is fucking ridiculous seeing as we are trying to move house
I'm going to try and breastfeed this time - no alcohol

I want to hide the bottle of wine so the bastard doesn't get to drink it.

I know I'm being U

mathsmum314 Mon 05-Sep-16 23:53:20

offs

DerekSprechenZeDick Mon 05-Sep-16 23:54:14

My work colleagues have bought me a bottle of rum for when I have my baby. Best present ever

But if you don't drink wine, can't drink wine then it's fucking pointless and he should have said I've bought myself this.

Or even spoke to you and found out what one thing you'd love after giving birth.

MLGs Mon 05-Sep-16 23:55:47

Yes hide it. If he knows you don't and won't drink the wine, the it's no present for you. Or re-gift it to someone while he's out.

Yorkieheaven Mon 05-Sep-16 23:57:59

He's an idiot isn't he? Does he hope to drink it himself. Bloody men.

judybloomno5 Mon 05-Sep-16 23:58:35

I don't want a 'push present'. I want a healthy baby and to not be pregnant.

I'm going to give the wine to my DM for looking after DD.

judybloomno5 Tue 06-Sep-16 00:00:25

£25 for wine for himself!!! I'm staying in for observations afterwards so what's the betting he was planning to drink it to himself then.

OlennasWimple Tue 06-Sep-16 00:01:48

angry

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 06-Sep-16 00:01:54

The fuck is a push present?!

OlennasWimple Tue 06-Sep-16 00:02:07

Good luck for tomorrow, BTW!

Yorkieheaven Tue 06-Sep-16 00:03:25

Heard the phrase 'push present' first time ever on housewives of Cheshire tonight.

Vulgar much.

judybloomno5 Tue 06-Sep-16 00:04:47

I know! Isn't it awful, the term 'push present'.

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 06-Sep-16 00:05:10

What is it though?

judybloomno5 Tue 06-Sep-16 00:06:10

It's when you get a present for having a baby. What if you have a section 'cut present'?!

ArmySal Tue 06-Sep-16 00:06:31

Push present?

Wtf? Women who have sections don't get one then?

judybloomno5 Tue 06-Sep-16 00:06:57

Ps. I'm not into 'push presents' I'd rather he bought me nothing than waste £25 on a bottle of wine

fc301 Tue 06-Sep-16 00:07:35

Aww bless, they do buy some shite presents don't they. To be fair they also feel pretty powerless AND guilty at this point hence the retail therapy.
DH used to clear the shelves in Boots each time! 😂 That's money we'll never see again x

elQuintoConyo Tue 06-Sep-16 00:07:47

A gift for pushing a baby out if your foof - or through the sunroof Derek like an eternity ring or some sparkly shite from Tiffany's. Or a car!

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 06-Sep-16 00:08:00

Oh..

I wasn't saying a present for having a baby btw. Mainly have something you couldn't have while pregnant

Mine was I wanted to eat a McDonald's without throwing up grin

judybloomno5 Tue 06-Sep-16 00:08:04

Armysal- I know! Unfair or what!!

Bottle of wine put into a wine gift bag for my DM. Who actually likes wine.

elQuintoConyo Tue 06-Sep-16 00:09:55

DH got me nothing and nor should he have. Perhaps i should have bought him a £25 bottle of wine for the good jizz?

How'd it go judybloome05? flowers

AGruffaloCrumble Tue 06-Sep-16 00:10:24

You can have a drink whilst breastfeeding.

elQuintoConyo Tue 06-Sep-16 00:12:17

Oh, i just realised where it says 'yesterday' on your posts op, it means about an hour ago! Thought you'd have a snuggly baby by now!

Best wishes for tomorrow cakeflowers

SandyY2K Tue 06-Sep-16 00:12:59

If you don't drink wine how is it a present for you? I'd have told him to go and buy me something I can make use of.

My DH bought me a gift when we got married ... Our first Christmas and I wasn't impressed with it. I thought that I had to start as I meant in the marriage and told him I wouldn't use it and would prefer it if be returned it.

It's all well and good giving it to your mum but you need to send him a clear message. That's to buy you a useful gift if it's truly intended for you.

From the thread title I thought it was lingerie. A gift men often buy for women to wear, but it's really for their pleasure.

Arfarfanarf Tue 06-Sep-16 00:15:17

Good idea to give it to yohr mum

You can be all snarky about it too 😂. Fake innocent well it was a present to me right? I know you didnt buy it pretending it was for me all the time planning to drink it yourself! So i gave it to mum. Thanks. I really appreciate it. Your gift allowed me to treat mum. 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now